"Following" a post activated without my involvement.

I created an account some time ago, and posted a single question.

Lately I've been getting notifications on other peoples posts.  If I access the post it indicates that I am "Following" it, which is why I received the notification.  I can then un-follow it and the notifications stop.

The issue is I NEVER CHOSE TO FOLLOW IT IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!

This is really annoying as it is happen a few times in the last couple of weeks, and I am tired of getting my inbox spammed with content I am not interested in.

Example (see below)...I did not chose to follow this post.

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Dan,

This is very odd! I've notified OS of your post, I hope they can check what's going on.

Happened again today.  Why would I get this?  I did not choose to follow this?

mvp_badge
MVP

Hello Dan.

They are all related to a component: OutSystems UI.

Check here if you aren't following the component.

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/1385/outsystems-ui

@Nuno.  I think you are onto something.  It did indeed indicate that I was "Following" OutSystems UI, however I didn't ever select to following.  Interesting, it won't let me "Unfollow" it.  When I select "Unfollow" it presents me with an error.

While the UI changed to "Follow" which would give you the impression it's state had changed, after I refresh it changes back to "Following".

We are close, just need to figure out why it won't let me unfollow the OutSystem UI component.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.