Site Properties do not behave as expected
Question

Hi All,

I have two site properties which have a default value, let's say "A" for the context sake. In the acc- environment i have overwritten those site properties with the effective value of "B". However when I call them in the acc- environment they return "A" to me.

I would expect them to give the effective value of "B"

Any answer to this would be awesome :)

Kind regards,
Bart van Orizande

Thanks for the answers, the solution was to wait for a while. I think the values weren't active yet, after waiting for 20 minutes the correct values were used

HI Bart,
Is that a Multi-Tenant SiteProperty?

assif_tiger wrote:

HI Bart,
Is that a Multi-Tenant SiteProperty?

Hi Assif,

It isn't

mvp_badge
MVP

Also, check if Cache Invalidation Service is running:

Service Center -> Monitoring -> Environment Health

If it is down, the value wont reset even if you republish.

Thanks for the answers, the solution was to wait for a while. I think the values weren't active yet, after waiting for 20 minutes the correct values were used

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Bart,

The cache that your applications rely on for Site Properties should invalidate when you change their values, either programatically or in Service Center - rarely, this might not happen. The first thing you should do is checking the status of Cache Invalidation like Nuno Reis mentioned. If it isn't running, or you want a quick fix, try publishing your module in order to force it happening:

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.