What's the most interesting thing you've done with the Agile Platform?

What's the most interesting thing you've done with the Agile Platform?

Hi all!

Today I was overhearing a conversation on some projects that some colleagues were working on, and I noticed that we didn't have a pulse on what do YOU, as community, work on.

I'm pretty sure many of you have had some stories to share in the past, from projects you worked on, or things you decided to do on your spare time.

So share with us: what's the most interesting thing you've done with the Agile Platform? It can be a full project, a small application, even some small part of a project you did that you found interesting to do. Let us have it!

Regards,

Paulo Tavares
Hello Paulo,

At Epopeia we've been doing some pretty cool stuff with the Agile Platform over the last few years:

Products we built with the Agile Platform:

Agile Reporting Services

Agile Reporting Services™

Custom reports development is time consuming and wasteful. Existing reporting tools are not aware of the Agile Platform semantics and can’t leverage on its advantages. Staging is hard to do and changes in the applications data model usually leads to broken reports. Although these solutions interface with the end user, they have a strong development focus.

Agile Reporting Services brings to business users the power of Agility. Being completely integrated with the Agile Platform, it allows for fast design of reports and charts, and fast change as well. Non technical users can easily create powerful reports in a 100% visual environment, on top of existing applications, and without having to learn SQL.

Download it now, for free: http://agilereportingservices.com

Open Data Services

Open Data Services™

Open Data Services is a new, but proven technology: it is used on Pordata (www.pordata.pt), with a huge success because of the ease of getting and understanding the available information.

We believe we are setting a new standard of information presentation and democratization of data access, contributing to a world trend on free and open societies.

Open Data Services builds on the Agile Reporting Services technology to provide a set of compelling visualization components that allow anyone to interact with complex data sources in a user-friendly and intuitive way.

Azap

Azap™

AZAP for OutSystems is an innovative framework that allows building a CMS-based solution on the OutSystems Agile Platform. AZAP is the right choice for web applications that require total control of both design and content by end-users and web designers.

AZAP decouples all design and content from the application level, allowing for full change of a site design without programming or IT intervention. The interface allows for role-based editing, separating the work of the designer from the work of the content manager. A simple versioning and approval system is in place to manage the publishing workflow. Users can edit content on a familiar Word-like editor, or use a specialized HTML editor.

AZAP is a proven performer, handling thousands of page views per second without a blink.

Telexpense

Telexpense™

Telexpense (Telecom Expense Management) allows companies to gain visibility into, and control over the mobile and fixed communications assets and costs. The goal of Telexpense is to ensure that invoices match your contract rates, and to optimize the services offered by the telecom provider with the needs your business.

Billing errors lead you to overpay for telecom services. According to the Gartner Group telecommunications invoices, on average, have a 7 to 12 percent margin of error. With Telexpense you can automatically check every single line on your telecom invoices, generating substantial savings. When negotiating a new contract you can you can create several plans and simulate charges against your usage history, preparing you to get the better rates for your business.

Telexpense manages the service requests to you telecom provider and gives you an inventory of you mobile assets.

Software Audit

Software Audit™

Get a grip on the software installed on your network with Software Audit, a clever tool to analyze your workstations and act on the rules you create.

Discover what software is in use, match discovered titles against licensed purchases, and remove unwanted software from the network. Software Audit gives you a simple email/web workflow to keep your software base in synch with your corporate policies with minimal IT staff intervention.

Software Audit interrogates all PCs on a network and reports back with complete information about OS, service packs, hot fixes, hardware, and software on remote machines. This information is added to the centralized database, enabling you to generate reports detailing software usage on your company on a web application accessible from any computer on your network. No agent software is required on the remote machines. It integrates seamlessly with you Active Directory to identify targets for scheduled inspections, avoiding heavy network traffic caused by repeated automated discovery.

Our latest custom software (being) built with the Agile Platform:

Pordata

PORDATA

PORDATA is a public service and inclusive project devised for a large number of users who share an interest in discovering more about Portugal.

Check it out: http://www.pordata.pt/

Hi Afonso,

Those are some great examples of cool things done with the Agile Platform.

In my case, I developed the first version of ECT, and I can say that it was a great amount of fun -- it's definitely something that I still haven't seen replicated in other technologies, and it's fun to watch the "wow" effect that it causes to whoever is using it for the first time. :)

What other examples do you guys have?

Paulo Tavares

Hi Paulo,

Because i'm working in the energy market I mostly do things related to this.
One of the more intresting programs was a future pricing program we made here which predicts energy prices for the comming future based on previous info and the prices on the energy market. The cool thing about it is that the future price curve is generated for every hour in the comming 5 years! Although not needed by the internal customer a graph displaying the price curve was included in the program which proved to be very usefull for testing and checking purposes.
Combining Advanced SQL queries and fast running Outsystems flows the program is also fast. It will support the energy buying employees of our company.
Most fun while developing it was that the key user could look with me at the program and comment on the program flows because it was clear enough for him because no real C# code which would scare him away is displayed, just the nice OutSystems flows.
Regretfully I cant display the graph because of company confidentiallity :(

Regards,
Wim
Wow, that surely sounds complex! Indeed, the specific regulations for the energy market do require a lot of similar systems, and they do have to be reliable and robust, otherwise it's a huge fine for the company, am I right?

I guess that's the system you were describing as well, when you took that picture in the NextStep. You do have to beware of key users reading the flows, though, 'cause you might end up being replaced by them ;)

What other examples does the rest of the community have?