End of Mainstream Support for OutSystems 10 | What changes for certifications?

Hi everyone,

We hope you’re all keeping safe!

On May 31st of 2020, OutSystems ended the mainstream support for OutSystems Platform 10 (O10). Find all you need to know about it in this article.

OutSystems certifications will also follow this event, meaning that all O10 certification exams will be discontinued starting today, June 1st.

What will happen to those who have OutSystems 10 certifications?

Today, June 1st, we’ve made the following updates:

• Certified Professional Web Developers in O10 have an automatic version upgrade and are receiving the O11 certification;
  • Certified Expert Web Developers in O10 have an automatic version upgrade and are receiving the O11 certification;
  • Certified Associate Tech Leads in O10 have an automatic version upgrade and are receiving the O11 certification;
  • Certified Associate Web Developers in O10, will not have an automatic version upgrade to O11. The Delta Associate Web Developer O10 to O11 certification exam will still be available until the end of the year for every certified Associate Developer in O10 that wishes to upgrade its certification to O11.

Any questions? Reach us on training@outsystems.com.

Thank you!

Manuel
Head of Training @ OutSystems

Some extra answers to your possible questions:

Why doesn’t the Associate Web Developer O10 get an auto-upgrade?

With the release of OutSystems 11, some traditional web development fundamentals changed, which led to the creation of the Delta exam to bridge the gap between the two versions. For that reason, it is important that these changes are validated in an exam, to guarantee that all certified Associate Developers in O11 know and understand these fundamentals.

As for the Professional Web Developer, Expert Web Developer, and Associate Tech Lead, as well as the topics they cover, the change of version does not have such a big impact, which allows us to auto-upgrade them to O11, without the need of a Delta exam.

What will happen to the OutSystems 10 certification exams that are already scheduled?

The Professional Web Developer, Expert Web Developer, and Associate Tech Lead for OutSystems 10 exams that are already scheduled will still be valid after today, June 1st. In case the exam candidate passes, they’ll get the certification and badge in O11, even having taken the O10 exam.

Candidates that have a scheduled Associate Web Developer O10 exam, will need to take the Delta Associate Web Developer O10 to O11 to get the O11 badge or apply for the Professional Web Developer exam.

What are your options if you fail the OutSystems 10 exam after it’s been discontinued?

In case you fail your scheduled OutSystems 10 certification exam, you will not be able to apply for it again. So if you want to try to get the certification again, you will need to apply for the OutSystems 11 certification exam instead.

That's everything explained in detail. Would surely be helpful as many would have queries around what happens to the OS10 certifications now. 

Cheers

Thanks for the information

Hi,

I do have a question. Let's take these examples. 

One developer has Associate v10 and Professional v11 certifications. He wants to take the Expert one. Can he do that without taking the Delta Associate 10 to 11 certification first? What certifications will he have starting next year if Delta is not taken? Only professional? 

Another developer has only the Associate v10 certification. Can he take the professional v11  without taking Delta first? If he takes no certification this year, will he have no certification next year?

Thanks,

Monika

What about Reactive? I was told not to do Reactive Web certification right away, because whoever had Mobile would in principle also have Reactive directly, and so I haven't done it yet. Do you have any information about that?

Miguel Verdasca wrote:

What about Reactive? I was told not to do Reactive Web certification right away, because whoever had Mobile would in principle also have Reactive directly, and so I haven't done it yet. Do you have any information about that?

Hi Miguel and thanks for your question.

We are currently working on the unification of the Reactive Web and Mobile paths for training and certifications.

We expect the have this done and ready at the end of June.

Stay tuned.

Best regards,

Manuel Salgado

Manuel Salgado wrote:

Miguel Verdasca wrote:

We are currently working on the unification of the Reactive Web and Mobile paths for training and certifications.

Stay tuned.

Best regards,

Manuel Salgado

Thank you very much Manuel for this sharing... I will!

Best regards,

Miguel

Hi,

I have one question, not very related with the end of support of version 10 but with certifications:

Is in Outsystems scope to update or release again the Support engineering updated to version 11?

Thanks!

Best regards,

Ricardo M Pereira

Manuel Salgado wrote:

Miguel Verdasca wrote:

Stay tuned.

Best regards,

Manuel Salgado

Hi Manuel,

Thank you for the information.

I am currently preparing to take the Mobile certification exam, which I was planning on taking at the end of June. Would you suggest I hold off until the new training and exam is available?  After the unification of Reactive Web / Mobile, how much time do you expect before the Mobile only certification exam is retired and no longer available?

Thank you for any guidance you can offer.

Monika Tokes wrote:

Hi,

I do have a question. Let's take these examples. 

One developer has Associate v10 and Professional v11 certifications. He wants to take the Expert one. Can he do that without taking the Delta Associate 10 to 11 certification first? What certifications will he have starting next year if Delta is not taken? Only professional? 

Another developer has only the Associate v10 certification. Can he take the professional v11  without taking Delta first? If he takes no certification this year, will he have no certification next year?

Thanks,

Monika

Hi,

Can someone clarify the questions above? Thanks.

Hello Monika.

Certifications do not expire. If you have for version 10 now, you will have them next year.

About doing professional, the first post this

Candidates that have a scheduled Associate Web Developer O10 exam, will need to take the Delta Associate Web Developer O10 to O11 to get the O11 badge or apply for the Professional Web Developer exam.

So you can go to Professional 11 certification without doing Delta.

Thanks and Noted!

Thanks for the info on certifications!

Ricardo Pereira wrote:

Hi,

I have one question, not very related with the end of support of version 10 but with certifications:

Is in Outsystems scope to update or release again the Support engineering updated to version 11?

Thanks!

Best regards,

Ricardo M Pereira

Hi Ricardo,

Thanks for your question.

We are working on a Platform Ops boot camp and certification, to be launched soon.

Stay tuned.

Best regards,

Manuel

Thanks Manuel!

Best regards,

Ricardo M Pereira

Michael Stephan wrote:

Manuel Salgado wrote:

Miguel Verdasca wrote:

Stay tuned.

Best regards,

Manuel Salgado

Hi Manuel,

Thank you for the information.

I am currently preparing to take the Mobile certification exam, which I was planning on taking at the end of June. Would you suggest I hold off until the new training and exam is available?  After the unification of Reactive Web / Mobile, how much time do you expect before the Mobile only certification exam is retired and no longer available?

Thank you for any guidance you can offer.

Hi Michael,

It is really up to you. My suggestion is: if you are ready, take the exam.

We will make the necessary attribution of badges and equivalences.

As soon as the unification is launched, the Mobile exam will no longer be available to schedule new exams.

I hope it helps,

Manuel

Hi,

Not sure if this is the best place to address this issue, but nevertheless here goes:

So I've just succeeded in my exam and got the grade back but I'm still missing the certificate. I've done the exam two days ago.

Do you think it as something to do with the discontinuing of Outsystems 10 exams?

Oh, forgot to mention, the exam I've taken was Outsystems 10 Professional. I've confirmed the upgrade to 11 on my profile but I was eager to have the certification on me so I can show-off on LinkedIn. :D

Hello Luis,

Like you said, you already have the OutSystems 11 Professional Web Developer badge on your profile.

About the certification, you can download it everytime you want.

Please acess to your profile -> tab Learn. Then, your certifications will be displayed. Just click in the download button and there you go :)

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

Hi Manuel,

I'm an Expert Developer but on version 9. What's the upgrade path to becoming Expert on v11?

Thanks,

Miguel

Hi Miguel,

doesn't exist a path to becoming Expert. You just have a PDF with topics for exam.

Cheers,

Miguel

Miguel Verdasca wrote:

doesn't exist a path to becoming Expert. You just have a PDF with topics for exam.

I didn't mean a learning path. I meant a "certification upgrading" path.

Hi Miguel,

I'm uncertain, how does certifications page looks to you (since you're O9 certified). To me, I can only see delta from O10 to O11.

Swatantra

Delta certifications are not a thing. The 10 to 11 automatic upgrade was because the product hasn't changed regarding traditional development.

OS certifications used to be valid for 2 years, and would be done in the then supported version. They are now valid forever for a specific version. From the rules, you only need "More than 12 month experience as Professional Developer " and you do have a few years of experience :)  But the certifications page will say if what you have is enough.

https://www.outsystems.com/learn/certifications/

Nuno Reis wrote:

Delta certifications are not a thing. The 10 to 11 automatic upgrade was because the product hasn't changed regarding traditional development.

OS certifications used to be valid for 2 years, and would be done in the then supported version. They are now valid forever for a specific version. From the rules, you only need "More than 12 month experience as Professional Developer " and you do have a few years of experience :)  But the certifications page will say if what you have is enough.

https://www.outsystems.com/learn/certifications/

This means that if you have a Expert Developer on version 9 you have to do the Expert exam in v11?

Vania Klaver wrote:

This means that if you have a Expert Developer on version 9 you have to do the Expert exam in v11?

It means that you are certified in version 9.  If someone asks what certification you have, you have Expert. If they ask what version, you have for 9. That is a lifetime certification.

If you want to be certified in version 11, you must do the exam for version 11.