Hi,

In outsystems Mobile, I done Video call with Nexmo plugin. I working correctly. While disconnecting the video call, its redirecting to Home. But black overlayed. Its working fine in IOS, but in Android am facing this issue. Kindly find the attachment of this issue and anybody help me in this.

Hey Naveen,

Can you share the code screen with the API screen for Android?
I'm assuming you are using Nexmo Vonage API [LINK]?

Are you currently using the AndroidX SDK, or original support library APIs? OutSystems does not don’t yet support AndroidX libraries, so you need to find another video API feature that does not depend on the AndroidX library.

Sydney Lai

Hi NaveenRaj,

I'd like to take a look into the problem you're facing. Could you send the most simple app where you can still reproduce it? And could you share with me the brand, type and os version of the phone you are using?

Kind regards,

Remco Dekkinga 

Remco Dekkinga wrote:

Hi NaveenRaj,

I'd like to take a look into the problem you're facing. Could you send the most simple app where you can still reproduce it? And could you share with me the brand, type and os version of the phone you are using?

Kind regards,

Remco Dekkinga 

Hi Remco and Sydney

Thanks for the response. I did not changed any code there. Simply used in project. But if am minimized and opens the app, then that black is not there. I think it kind of design issue. But not in IOS. In android, once started connecting the call, black is occurring and video is started in that black layer and working nice, then if disconnected, video closed and return back to home screen, but still that black layer is there.

regards,

Naveen

Thank you for the clarification Naveen! 

Which Android version are you using?

Remco Dekkinga wrote:

Thank you for the clarification Naveen! 

Which Android version are you using?

Hi Remco,

Android version 9. I tried in Samsung Galaxy J7 and Redmi Note 7 Pro. I seen that issue in both Phones.

regards,

Naveen.

Hi Naveen,

I've checked your problem in the Vonage Mobile Demo app, but I couldn't reproduce it, which makes me believe that you forgot to implement something in your application.

When you open the Vonage Mobile Demo project, you'll see a JoinRoomJs screen (which is the videoroom). Here you have to check several steps:

1. In the OnReady you have to create a callback object that gets called when the stream is destroyed.
  2. This object is a parameter for the JoinSession.action from the VonageVideoMobile component.
  3. In the OnStreamDestroyedCallback, you need to call the LeaveSession action from the VonageVideoMobile component and redirect to a different screen. In the demo app we created an extra client action for these steps.

Please use the demo application as a reference for your own mobile app.

Could you let me know if this solves your problem?

Kind regards,

Remco Dekkinga

Remco Dekkinga wrote:

Hi Naveen,

I've checked your problem in the Vonage Mobile Demo app, but I couldn't reproduce it, which makes me believe that you forgot to implement something in your application.

When you open the Vonage Mobile Demo project, you'll see a JoinRoomJs screen (which is the videoroom). Here you have to check several steps:

1. In the OnReady you have to create a callback object that gets called when the stream is destroyed.
  2. This object is a parameter for the JoinSession.action from the VonageVideoMobile component.
  3. In the OnStreamDestroyedCallback, you need to call the LeaveSession action from the VonageVideoMobile component and redirect to a different screen. In the demo app we created an extra client action for these steps.

Please use the demo application as a reference for your own mobile app.

Could you let me know if this solves your problem?

Kind regards,

Remco Dekkinga

I done everything which given in Vonage Mobile Demo project. I think this issue is not from Vonage side. Its a layer overlay ed design kind of issue. I will check this with design team. Thank you Remco.