Error uploading and downloading files

Error uploading and downloading files

Hi everybody,

I'm having a bit of trouble when sometimes trying to upload files or just downloading files wether it is binary download or just regular text from database. 
The operation is quite simple, just a post in every situation.
The error that occurs is "The page was not displayed because the request entity is too large."

The Web Server is:
OS - Windows Server 2008 64 bits
IIS 7

This doesn't always happen and it's difficult to predict in which situation will this occur.
Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

Appreciate some help.
Thanks in advance,

Gonçalo Chora
Hi Gonçalo,

I gave a quick look and found out this Microsoft page http://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/cc758476%28WS.10%29.aspx with the following explanation:

413-Request Entity Is Too Large

For security reasons, you can limit the size of the entity-body of an HTTP request by modifying the MaxRequestEntityAllowed metabase property. When an entity-body of a client request exceeds the size that is specified in the MaxRequestEntityAllowed property, IIS returns a 413 error. If this error is logged for an individual request, an application on the Web server might have encountered an unexpected event and generated a request that is too large. If this error is logged for many requests, a malicious user might be attempting to compromise your Web server.

Can you try this? Please let me know if you need additional information to perform this change.

Regards,
João Portela

Hi João,

Thanks for your reply.  I've allready took a look at  the reference you pointed and it seems like the solution to the problem, but unfortunately since I'm not the administrator of the platform I cannot address that resolution.
Meanwhile, if this is to be resolved I will post the result of your solution.

Best regards,
Gonçalo Chora
Hi Gonçalo,

Do you have any news regarding this problem? Did you manage to apply the Microsoft fix?

Regards,
João Portela