Password as an Input Parameter

Hi All,

I am building a Server Action that takes password as an input parameter, and I want to mask the password whenever the developer is using this Action, like here in SAP the password field is masked with dots:

So I want in my Action when it's used to look like this instead of just plain text, Is it possible?

P.s: I am also building this action in .NET and to be used in an Extension.

Hi,

You can use hash encryption to encrypt the password from Password Utill OS API.

if you are looking only masking then you have to create extension.

thanks

Mohamed Emam wrote:

Hi All,

I am building a Server Action that takes password as an input parameter, and I want to mask the password whenever the developer is using this Action, like here in SAP the password field is masked with dots:

So I want in my Action when it's used to look like this instead of just plain text, Is it possible?

P.s: I am also building this action in .NET and to be used in an Extension.

Hi Mohamed, check this post: https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/32802/how-to-encrypt-a-password-using-the-native-encryption-algorithm-of-outsystems/

and check if the information there is useful to you

in relation to the action you will need to encrypt the password before using your action cuz the action will receive the password as it is, you cant mask what appears in the action, so you must encrypt and save encrypted so always you manipulate you don't have access to the information(value) of the password

Best regards

Carlos Lessa

Hi Mohammad,

Please use the below control for password masking.

If you want just mask the input you can use the suggestion of Manish and use the input Password or just add in the properties: type = Password

Sample here 

Best regards

Carlos Lessa

JitendraYadav wrote:

Hi,

thanks

Any idea how the masking can be done via an extension? 

Mohamed Emam wrote:

JitendraYadav wrote:

Hi,

thanks

Outsystems gives us options to create .net code(extension) and deploy on server. then it will be available as a action.

Do google on masking and create algo accordingly.

Can you please share what kind of password masking u need.

JitendraYadav wrote:

Mohamed Emam wrote:

JitendraYadav wrote:

Hi,

thanks

Outsystems gives us options to create .net code(extension) and deploy on server. then it will be available as a action.

Do google on masking and create algo accordingly.

Can you please share what kind of password masking u need.

'That's exactly what I am doing, I am building a .NET Extension that has a function that takes a password as an input parameter, what I want to do is to mask the password field whenever this Action (From my Extension) is being used within Service Studio by developers (As in the photo of SAP Password Field), so my question is: Is this possible to do through .NET Code?

If yes, have you come across with any similar solution as I couldn't find something that serves what I need to implement!