So, right now in my application a dropdown opens when I click on a menu item. I want to close the dropdown when an item from the dropdown is clicked.

Hi Paras Dua,

I expect the submenus to close when selected as well, and that is the standard behavior of both the built-in tools used to implement submenus: DropDownMenu rich widget (for Traditional Web), Submenu pattern (for Reactive Web and Mobile, IIRC)

What kind of application are you building? is it a Reactive Web, Mobile or Traditional Web application? And what tool are you using to implement your menus?

Hope this helps!

Jorge Martins wrote:

Hi Paras Dua,

I expect the submenus to close when selected as well, and that is the standard behavior of both the built-in tools used to implement submenus: DropDownMenu rich widget (for Traditional Web), Submenu pattern (for Reactive Web and Mobile, IIRC)

What kind of application are you building? is it a Reactive Web, Mobile or Traditional Web application? And what tool are you using to implement your menus?

Hope this helps!

I'm building a traditional web app. I've set a rich widget popup editor on submenu items, maybe that's why the dropdown is not closing. Do you have any solution for that?