Text fields in mobile app

Do you have experience with hyperlinks in a text field ? I would suggest the input of the following text

"To check for information about grow scheduling your plants please look at our website www.dummenorange.com for more information."

the www part will I would like to be clickable and the website openened in the browser on the device. 

the url can also be not just a website but somewhere else to point to another piece of information. 

Hello Ineke,

I'm not sure if I got you correctly. You intend to use the placeholder property of an input field (text) to showcase that sentence (or similar) and you want that sentence with links that can be clickable?

Cheers!

Armando Gomes wrote:

Hello Ineke,

I'm not sure if I got you correctly. You intend to use the placeholder property of an input field (text) to showcase that sentence (or similar) and you want that sentence with links that can be clickable?

Cheers!

yes, you understood perfectly! I want the part in the sentence where a url can be typed in to be clickable. 

Ineke de Raaf wrote:

Armando Gomes wrote:

Hello Ineke,

Cheers!

yes, you understood perfectly! I want the part in the sentence where a url can be typed in to be clickable. 

Hi,

Is not the simple solution just select that part of sentence and right click and Link to RedirectToURL and provide URL where u want to redirect? or is it different situation that u r talking about ?

Regard,

Rahul

Rahul Kumar wrote:

Ineke de Raaf wrote:

Armando Gomes wrote:

Hello Ineke,

Cheers!

Hi,

Is not the simple solution just select that part of sentence and right click and Link to RedirectToURL and provide URL where u want to redirect? or is it different situation that u r talking about ?

Regard,

Rahul

Thank you Rahul for your response. When I input this text in a Text Area widget I get:

I want the www.dummenorange.com to be underlined and clickable. This url (or another) can be typed on any place in the text widget.

Ineke de Raaf wrote:

Rahul Kumar wrote:

Ineke de Raaf wrote:

Armando Gomes wrote:

Hello Ineke,

Cheers!

Hi,

Regard,

Rahul

Thank you Rahul for your response. When I input this text in a Text Area widget I get:

I want the www.dummenorange.com to be underlined and clickable. This url (or another) can be typed on any place in the text widget.

why u r not using ckEditor forge component , where you can add hyperlink in your text.

Hi Ineke,

I'm not sure why you are using a Text Area widget for displaying this text. Because in a Text Area you can't change the makeup of the text mid-string. 

Why not use a Card instead and use multiple Text widgets to setup your text? You would then get something like this:

Kind regards,

Vincent

Rahul Kumar wrote:

Ineke de Raaf wrote:

Rahul Kumar wrote:

Ineke de Raaf wrote:

Armando Gomes wrote:

Hello Ineke,

Cheers!

Hi,

Regard,

Rahul

why u r not using ckEditor forge component , where you can add hyperlink in your text.

When I use this component it seems that the user has to make the link themselves. After that it's clickable when I converted it to html.

The users my app is meant for are not the type of users to do this. 

Vincent Koning wrote:

Hi Ineke,

I'm not sure why you are using a Text Area widget for displaying this text. Because in a Text Area you can't change the makeup of the text mid-string. 

Why not use a Card instead and use multiple Text widgets to setup your text? You would then get something like this:

Kind regards,

Vincent

thanks for responding Vincent, the problem is that the link (url) can be typed anywhere in the text, not on a specific place. 

Ah, so it's data inputted by the user. I didn't catch that. I would then use RegEx to find pieces of text to are a FQDN and surround this text with the needed HTML myself. Then place a container on the screen and update the InnerHTML with the adjusted text. This would remove the need for the user to mark the url themselves. This however is prone for all sorts of attacks so be careful with it. 

I was happy to see this function in RegExLib but it doesn't give an URL out of a field:

it searches for pattern

my screen has got the following text

The false is the boolean out of the ContainsURL function. 

I added a question to the makers of the RegExLib component why the URL check function doesn't work : https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/61473/url-check-function/

Ineke de Raaf wrote:

I added a question to the makers of the RegExLib component why the URL check function doesn't work : https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/61473/url-check-function/

it seems , it only validate url that have not other external text. 

For example for email.

rk@gmail.com       = True

i am rk and rk@gmail.com = False  

Solution

Hi, 

here is some regex pattern for search url , try it to find url 

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6038061/regular-expression-to-find-urls-within-a-string

and use that pattern in Regex_Search action that u can find in Text extension.

Thanks and Regards,

Rahul

Solution

Rahul Kumar wrote:

Hi, 

here is some regex pattern for search url , try it to find url 

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6038061/regular-expression-to-find-urls-within-a-string

and use that pattern in Regex_Search action that u can find in Text extension.

Thanks and Regards,

Rahul

I can work with this one! thank you.

Thank to you all who had responded!