We were trying to add a front-end server in our farm installation and followed the steps as per OutSystems documentation of adding a new front-end server. However, after completing the setup, we found that the DC server is not showing in the service center's server list. 

We have ensured that in the configuration tool of both DC and and newly added front-end, the deployment controller is defined with IP address and not as local host. Also we imported the configuration which was exported from the DC properly.

Has anybody faced similar issue? 

Hi Shounak,

Normally it is pretty straightforward if you follow the installation checklist with the right filters.  So if I understand correctly, your new frontend is showing up in Service Center but your DC is not?

A few questions you can follow up:

• Are you able to access service center locally on both the new frontend and the DC (via http://localhost/servicecenter)?
  • While running the Configuration tool, did you test all the connections and made sure they work?
  • Did you make sure all necessary ports are open and not blocked by any firewalls?
  • Did you make sure all the necessary Windows Services are running: Deployment Controller Service (only on DC), Deployment Service and Scheduler Service?

Also check the event logs for any errors.

If all fails, it is best to open a support case with OutSystems to make sure everything is setup correctly.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Nordin

Nordin Ahdi wrote:

Hi Shounak,

Normally it is pretty straightforward if you follow the installation checklist with the right filters.  So if I understand correctly, your new frontend is showing up in Service Center but your DC is not?

• Are you able to access service center locally on both the new frontend and the DC (via http://localhost/servicecenter)?
  • While running the Configuration tool, did you test all the connections and made sure they work?
  • Did you make sure all necessary ports are open and not blocked by any firewalls?
  • Did you make sure all the necessary Windows Services are running: Deployment Controller Service (only on DC), Deployment Service and Scheduler Service?

If all fails, it is best to open a support case with OutSystems to make sure everything is setup correctly.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Nordin

Hi Nordin,

Yes, you are right, the new front-end server is showing up in Service Center along with another front-end server. But, DC is not showing. To answer your questions:

• Yes, I am able to access Service Center locally in both DC and the new frontend. However, when accessing the service center using http://localhost/servicecenter from the new front-end, even though the service center is opening, I am unable to login to the service center as the error message is shown "No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:12000". I suppose this is expected as the Deployment Controller Service should not be running in the front-end server. Hence, 12000 port is closed for the localhost. Please correct me if I am wrong. However, I am able to login to the service center with the DC server URL successfully.
  • While running the configuration tool I tested all the connections and they were giving successful test results.
  • All the necessary ports (12000-12003) are opened in DC. In front-end server ports 12001-12003 are opened. 12000 is not open as the Deployment Controller service is not running in front-end server. I confirmed this by doing a telnet to these ports.
  • All necessary windows services are running. Deployment Controller service is running only in DC. Deployment Service and Scheduler Service are running in both DC and front-ends.

I did not get any specific event logs.

With best regards,

Shounak

Hello Shounak. 

Did you restart the services after editing the configuration in the new FE(changing the DC from local host to its actual ip)? 

Can you check in servicecenter which of the nodes is throwing the exception you mention (triggered by trying to login in servicecenter in the new FE)? 

Regards, 

Frederico

Shounak Devbhuti wrote:

Nordin Ahdi wrote:

Hi Shounak,

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Nordin

Hi Nordin,

Yes, you are right, the new front-end server is showing up in Service Center along with another front-end server. But, DC is not showing. To answer your questions:

• Yes, I am able to access Service Center locally in both DC and the new frontend. However, when accessing the service center using http://localhost/servicecenter from the new front-end, even though the service center is opening, I am unable to login to the service center as the error message is shown "No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:12000". I suppose this is expected as the Deployment Controller Service should not be running in the front-end server. Hence, 12000 port is closed for the localhost. Please correct me if I am wrong. However, I am able to login to the service center with the DC server URL successfully.
  • While running the configuration tool I tested all the connections and they were giving successful test results.
  • All the necessary ports (12000-12003) are opened in DC. In front-end server ports 12001-12003 are opened. 12000 is not open as the Deployment Controller service is not running in front-end server. I confirmed this by doing a telnet to these ports.
  • All necessary windows services are running. Deployment Controller service is running only in DC. Deployment Service and Scheduler Service are running in both DC and front-ends.

With best regards,

Shounak

Shounak Devbhuti wrote:

Hi Nordin,

With best regards,

Shounak

Hi Shounak,

AFAIK the DC server needs to be able to communicate over port 12000 to other front-end servers so that Deployment Controller Service can execute its tasks without issues. Port 12000 therefore needs to be open outbound and inbound between the DC and other front-ends. I think your problem lies there.

Furthermore, you are correct by saying that the Deployment Controller Service should only be enabled on the DC and disabled on the other front-end servers.

Also, restart the windows services like Frederico suggests after making configuration changes.

Let us know how it went.

Regards,

Nordin