Muted attribute on video (Reactive)

I can't seem to get the muted attribute added on videos in Reactive web. The exact same thing works on Traditional web apps. I even tried creating a custom HTML tag and it still refuses to add this particular attribute. Any ideas on how to make this work? I need it to enable autoplay on iOS (both autoplay and muted attributes need to be present)

Example of custom HTML tag

Output:

Using the standard Video control:

Output:

I tried all kinds of values, nothing works. It almost seems like it's being removed by another higher level component.

Any ideas would be appreciated

MO 

Hi Mohammed Owais,

I have uploaded a sample application in the Forge Community.

Check this Forge Sample Applicaiton: https://www.outsystems.com/forge/Component_Overview.aspx?ProjectId=8606&ProjectName=Reactive_Web_Embed_Video+Sample+Application

Hope this helps you!

Regards,

Benjith Sam

Thank you Benjith. I see exactly the same issue with the videos from your demo as well. As a result, the video will autoplay on desktop but on the iPhone (I checked). 

MO

Hi Mohammed,

Recently Senior Developer Advocate at OutSystems, G. Andrew Duthie published the following component:

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/8604/youtubereactive

Although it didn't have the option to start a video muted, I was quickly able to customize it to do so.

I will see if I can contribute to the component, and share this with the community.

Maybe it fixes your problem.

Regards,

Daniel

Ah I see how I may have confused everyone. My requirement is specifically to use a video tag with our own video URL. Embedding a youtube/iframe is not an option as the video is intended to run in the background.

Thanks

MO

Solution

Not a solution I'm proud of, but it works. Added some javascript on the page OnReady event if the device is a phone

Solution

Mohammed Owais wrote:

Not a solution I'm proud of, but it works. Added some javascript on the page OnReady event if the device is a phone

Nothing to be ashamed of, clean code solving your issue.