Hi, I would like to check if anyone has come across this scenario where an Expression is placed within a web block and the web block has an input parameter which is fed into the value of the Expression.

As this web block is reuse often on the page and I am facing the issue during Design time where all the web block is showing the word "expression" instead the value which I keyed into each individual input parameter of the block. Any idea how to resolve this so that the value could be displayed during Design time so dev working on the page would be able to quickly identify which block ithey might be looking for to edit? Thanks

Hi,

Please make sure you assigned correctly like below snap,

Hi,

You can see only the example value at design time.

MawShin wrote:

Hi, I would like to check if anyone has come across this scenario where an Expression is placed within a web block and the web block has an input parameter which is fed into the value of the Expression.

As this web block is reuse often on the page and I am facing the issue during Design time where all the web block is showing the word "expression" instead the value which I keyed into each individual input parameter of the block. Any idea how to resolve this so that the value could be displayed during Design time so dev working on the page would be able to quickly identify which block ithey might be looking for to edit? Thanks

Could you please share screen shot or anything in which you are facing issue.
Ideally if you pass value in input parameter it should display in expression

Salman Ansari wrote:

MawShin wrote:

Hi Salman, what I have done is similar to what JitendraYadav has done above. Just that rather than showing the Example val, I would like to see if it would be possible to display "In1" value which is passed in from the input parameter.

As even with Example value, with multiple of the web block used on the page it will keep showing as "Val" rather than the actual value assigned to help previewing and narrowing down the block to fix during Design time.

MawShin wrote:

Salman Ansari wrote:

MawShin wrote:

Hi Salman, what I have done is similar to what JitendraYadav has done above. Just that rather than showing the Example val, I would like to see if it would be possible to display "In1" value which is passed in from the input parameter.

As even with Example value, with multiple of the web block used on the page it will keep showing as "Val" rather than the actual value assigned to help previewing and narrowing down the block to fix during Design time.

Example value will be always in design time.
You can display int as well.

Salman Ansari wrote:

MawShin wrote:

Salman Ansari wrote:

MawShin wrote:

is it correct to say that Expression will always be displaying the Example value rather than the value from the Value field?

Would there be another widget which will be able to achieve displaying the Value fed in via input parameter?

MawShin wrote:

Salman Ansari wrote:

MawShin wrote:

Salman Ansari wrote:

MawShin wrote:

is it correct to say that Expression will always be displaying the Example value rather than the value from the Value field?

Would there be another widget which will be able to achieve displaying the Value fed in via input parameter?

No we have expression to display the dynamic value.
we have Text and Label as well but those for static value only

Salman Ansari wrote:

MawShin wrote:

Salman Ansari wrote:

MawShin wrote:

Salman Ansari wrote:

MawShin wrote:

No we have expression to display the dynamic value.
we have Text and Label as well but those for static value only

What I meant was to have expression to display the Value during design time (like the screenshot below) rather than displaying its Example 'Val'.

MawShin wrote:

Salman Ansari wrote:

MawShin wrote:

Salman Ansari wrote:

MawShin wrote:

is it correct to say that Expression will always be displaying the Example value rather than the value from the Value field? - Design time but it will display the input value at run time.

Would there be another widget that will be able to achieve displaying the Value fed in via input parameter? - All component works the same way, actual input value will display at run time.

JitendraYadav wrote:

MawShin wrote:

Salman Ansari wrote:

MawShin wrote:

Salman Ansari wrote:

MawShin wrote:

is it correct to say that Expression will always be displaying the Example value rather than the value from the Value field? - Design time but it will display the input value at run time.

Would there be another widget that will be able to achieve displaying the Value fed in via input parameter? - All component works the same way, actual input value will display at run time.

Understood, thanks guys 

JitendraYadav Salman Ansari