Hello All,

How to download record excel asynchronously ?

Thanks in advance

Prajakta

Hi Prajakta,

You can not download ecxel asynchronously  but you can send email asynchronously create a process and launch this on action and send excel to by email.

Regards

Rahul Sahu

Hi Prajakta,

That is indeed not possible.

Download operations need to triggered from an interface (meaning: inside a screen action). 

You cannot download a file inside a server action, which would be needed if you wanted to call that server action from a Timer or a Process in order to make it asynchronous.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Nordin

Prajakta Roshankhede wrote:

Hello All,

Thanks in advance

Prajakta

Hi Prajakta,

Can you give more details of what are you trying to achieve? I'm almost sure you can do it with JS or an extension but is necessary to understand the use case.

Best regards

Carlos Lessa

Carlos Lessa wrote:

Prajakta Roshankhede wrote:

Hello All,

Thanks in advance

Prajakta

Hi Prajakta,

Can you give more details of what are you trying to achieve? I'm almost sure you can do it with JS or an extension but is necessary to understand the use case.

Best regards

Carlos Lessa

Hi Carlos,

I want to download data from different table, I am using list append function and it is taking time to iterate all list that's why facing time out issue. For small set of data it is working fine. 

Thanks

Hi Prajakta,

As above mention "Download operations need to triggered from an interface (meaning: inside a screen action)."

In this case you need to optimize your query or Actions to get data fast.

Regarsd

Rahul Sahu

Hi Prajakta,

What you can do is to create a separate action that prepares the data to be downloaded as XLSX or even prepares the XLSX binary. This action can be started with a timer, so it runs asynchronously. This way the user can start the creation of the xlsx-file to export and download it after it's done.

Apart from that it is of course also good to check the queries/logic you use to get the data and to optimize it.

Goodluck!
Lennart

Hi Prajakta,

why don't you create a staging table which should use same structure of your excel download and create a timer to fill that staging table asynchronously. Once timer is complete the you can click on button and download the data from that entity directly.

Now, it become 2 stage process:

1. timer which will populate the data in your staging table.

2. download action to download the data directly from that entity.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Manish Jawla