Hey everyone,

I'm creating an app and I need iBeacons Plugin for it. I've done everything right setting it up but when i try to check for data on the app, my phone doesn't recognize any, eventhough I can use all other actions correctly. When i try to use it on another phone with an older android version it works.

Is there anything I'm missing? anything I can do to make it work on android 10??

Olá a todos,

eu estou a criar uma aplicação e estou a utilizar o plugin iBeacons. Já dei setup a tudo mas quando corro a app no meu telemovel não reconhece nenhum beacon, no entanto, consigo utilizar as outras actions do plugin. Quando uso um telemovel com uma versão do android mais antiga já consigo receber info dos beacons.

Há algo que me está a faltar? algo que possa fazer para pôr a funcionar bem no android 10?

Hello Sérgio,

The code of conduct on the Forums asks you to post questions related to a Forge component to be posted on the support page of that component. The development team member(s) of that component will thereby get a private message notifying your support request.

Maybe you can share more details:

1. what phone brand/model does it work?
  2. what phone brand/model does it not work?
  3. With what MABS version is the mobile application generated?
  4. Did you check error logs?
  5. Can you share the application code?

Is it the following plugin you use?

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-discussions/3321/iBeacons+Plugin

Note that the this component is marked as deprecated!

Regards,

Daniel

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Hello Sérgio,

The code of conduct on the Forums asks you to post questions related to a Forge component to be posted on the support page of that component. The development team member(s) of that component will thereby get a private message notifying your support request.

Maybe you can share more details:

1. what phone brand/model does it work?
  2. what phone brand/model does it not work?
  3. With what MABS version is the mobile application generated?
  4. Did you check error logs?
  5. Can you share the application code?

Is it the following plugin you use?

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-discussions/3321/iBeacons+Plugin

Note that the this component is marked as deprecated!

Regards,

Daniel

Ok my bad,

1. It works on a samsung J3.

2. It does not work on a OnePlus 6.

3. What is MABS? the app worked on android 5.1.1 and doesnt work on android 10.

4. No problem in error logs, however on the general log's page, the not working phone gets 2 messages:

2020-06-06 10:15:34Cache was successfully serializedOSCache
2020-06-06 10:15:34Invalid extension  while fetching MIME typeOSCache

and in the working phone there are more messages:

2020-06-06 10:16:38Manifest serialized with successOSCache
2020-06-06 10:16:38Cache was successfully serializedOSCache
2020-06-06 10:16:37switchToVersion version: xwblPLVIpnoz3s0f57fxAAOSCache
2020-06-06 10:16:36startCaching finished for version: n/aOSCache
2020-06-06 10:16:36Cache was swapped with successOSCache
2020-06-06 10:16:36Cache was successfully serializedOSCache
2020-06-06 10:16:35Cache was successfully serializedOSCache
2020-06-06 10:16:35Cache was successfully serializedOSCache
2020-06-06 10:16:33Invalid extension  while fetching MIME typeOSCache
2020-06-06 10:16:32startCaching started for version: xwblPLVIpnoz3s0f57fxAAOSCache
2020-06-06 10:16:31Cache was successfully serializedOSCache
2020-06-06 10:16:31Invalid extension  while fetching MIME typeOSCache

5. Honestly don't see how it will help seen as it is working in one of them.

Yes that's the plugin I'm using.

Best regards,

Sérgio Oliveira.

Hello Sérgio,

MABS stands for Mobile Application Build Service.

OutSystems allows you to generate mobile application packages for iOS and Android without having to install any mobile platform SDK. To accomplish it, after a request of a new application package OutSystems calls the Mobile Apps Build Service, a cloud service developed by OutSystems that generates a new mobile application package.

Please be aware, that if you already installed the apk file on a mobile, and only after that add support a new Cordova plugin into your application, that you need to remove the old version from your mobile, and reinstall the new version.

Regards,

Daniel

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Hello Sérgio,

MABS stands for Mobile Application Build Service.

OutSystems allows you to generate mobile application packages for iOS and Android without having to install any mobile platform SDK. To accomplish it, after a request of a new application package OutSystems calls the Mobile Apps Build Service, a cloud service developed by OutSystems that generates a new mobile application package.

Please be aware, that if you already installed the apk file on a mobile, and only after that add support a new Cordova plugin into your application, that you need to remove the old version from your mobile, and reinstall the new version.

Regards,

Daniel

Thank you Daniel,

MABS Version is 6.1

Best regards,

Sérgio Oliveira.