Go to another page after the popup closes

Hi, 

I have a page 1, and when the user clicks save, it opens a popup with a printable form.

When the user clicks to close the popup, I want it to go to another page, page 2.

I imagine it is related to "popup notify" but I don't know how to call this screen action with notify, when the popup is closed.

Thank you!

Hi Julia, 

Not knowing which version of the platform you are using, indeed there is a 'popup editor notify' that can be used to communicate with the parent screen. 

On the parent screen, you should have an 'OnNotify' screen action that will be the handler defined for the PopupEditor widget. 

On that 'OnNotify' screen action, you can have a navigation node instead of the end node that comes by default. 

Hope this helps.

Best Regards

Paulo Zacarias wrote:

Hi Julia, 

Not knowing which version of the platform you are using, indeed there is a 'popup editor notify' that can be used to communicate with the parent screen. 

On the parent screen, you should have an 'OnNotify' screen action that will be the handler defined for the PopupEditor widget. 

On that 'OnNotify' screen action, you can have a navigation node instead of the end node that comes by default. 

Hope this helps.

Best Regards

Hi ! 

I am using Outsystems 10. 

I was trying to make it, but I don't know where I will put the "'popup editor notify" if I don't have any buttons in the popup to call this action. The action will happen when the user closes the popup.

Thank you

Hi Julia,

You will need to put the Popup_Editor_Notify action just before the Popup_Editor_Close action at the end of the screen action flow bound to the Close button of your popup.
The Popup_Editor_Notify will trigger the OnNotify action of the Parent screen in which you can redirect to another screen.

Take a look at the solution in this post (with screenshots). And there is an example OML in this post from Eduardo.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Nordin

Hi Julia,

Nordin is correct, In addition to his reply, you can also pass along values from the block to parent by using 'Popup_Editor_GetMessage'.

Nordin Ahdi wrote:

Hi Julia,

You will need to put the Popup_Editor_Notify action just before the Popup_Editor_Close action at the end of the screen action flow bound to the Close button of your popup.
The Popup_Editor_Notify will trigger the OnNotify action of the Parent screen in which you can redirect to another screen.

Take a look at the solution in this post (with screenshots). And there is an example OML in this post from Eduardo.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Nordin

Processing Upload...

Hi Julia,

I have made sample oml for with open pop up and when close than user nevigate to another page.

Regrads

Rahul Sahu

Solution

Hi Julia,

Ik think you're talking about closing the popup using the cross on the upper right corner and not a close button. I think that's where the confusion comes from. If that's the case, it's not that easy to notify the parent on the close event. What you can do, is hide the cross in the top right corner by setting the HideCloseButton to True and create your own close button on the popup. This button leads to a screen action in which you can call the Notify action.

Regards,
Lennart

Solution

Hi Julia,

And if you do want to use the actual close button (the X mark on top), the uneasy way Lennart is talking about is explained in this post.

In any case, you have a few options to choose from now. :)

Regards,

Nordin