Process does not trigger, gives Request timeout error

Hi all,

I am facing an issue in Outsystems P 10 on Java platform where intermittently a process does not trigger from one of my actions.

The same  process is triggered from different screens within the application and I get the request time out only in some invocations.

I see the following errors in the Service Center logs.

Request timed out

outsystems.hubedition.util.OSRequestTimeoutException: Request timed out

at java.lang.Thread.getStackTrace(Thread.java:1552)

at outsystems.hubedition.util.OSRequestTimeoutException.<init>(Unknown Source)

at outsystems.hubedition.http.iIIIiiiIiiII.checkPoint(Unknown Source)

at outsystems.hubedition.http.HttpContext.checkPointForAbortion(Unknown Source)

at osrichwidgets.actions.ActList_Navigation_GetStartIndex.executeList_Navigation_GetStartIndex(Unknown Source)

at ossmelineofbusiness.referencesproxy.rssespacerichwidgets.actions.ActList_Navigation_GetStartIndex.mosList_Navigation_GetStartIndex(Unknown Source)

at ossmelineofbusiness.actions.ActList_Navigation_GetStartIndex.executeList_Navigation_GetStartIndex(Unknown Source)

at ossmelineofbusiness.actions.Functions.rssespacerichwidgets_ActList_Navigation_GetStartIndex(Unknown Source)

at ossmelineofbusiness.managedbean.flowmainflow.ScrnPointOfPresentDetail.getRecTablePointOfPresent_PointOfPresentLOBTableStartIndex(Unknown Source)

at ossmelineofbusiness.managedbean.flowmainflow.ScrnPointOfPresentDetail.access$0(Unknown Source)

at ossmelineofbusiness.managedbean.flowmainflow.ScrnPointOfPresentDetail$18.executeImpl(Unknown Source)

at ossmelineofbusiness.managedbean.flowmainflow.ScrnPointOfPresentDetail$18.executeImpl(Unknown Source)

at outsystems.hubedition.util.delegates.Func$Func0.executeImplLambda(Unknown Source)

at outsystems.hubedition.util.delegates.Func$Func0_Lambda.execute(Unknown Source)

at outsystems.hubedition.webwidgets.rtwidgets.ListRecordRtWidget.getStartIndex(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)

at javax.el.BeanELResolver.getValue(BeanELResolver.java:304)

Does this process rely on any external service causing timeout, or internal operation is exceeding the max execution time?

Swatantra Kumar wrote:

Does this process rely on any external service causing timeout, or internal operation is exceeding the max execution time?

This uses tables in other applications

I want to ask if using a table that is in other Ousystem applications, it is allowed not

If you get unexpected timeout errors in BPT logic it may come from accessing conflicts between OS application logic and OS process excecution. It can happen if e.g. one entity is accessed from a server action and from a process event or task simultaneously. 

You can find details in this Best Practise of the Master Class of BPT Modelling. As a result it's a good idea to seperate data for processes from application data.

rizal fadli wrote:

I want to ask if using a table that is in other Ousystem applications, it is allowed not

It is allowed to use the tables from other OutSystems application. Make sure that the entity in the other application is made public.