Views
Comments
Solved
[Reactive Multiple File Upload] How can I add additional check on the file size and number of files uploaded?
Question
Forge component by José Pedro Proença
Published on 16 Jun 2020

Hi Team,

I have a requirement to limit the file upload size to 25 MB and the number of files uploaded at a  time to 25. I am very new to Javascript and not sure how I can get this done.

Could you please suggest any leads that could be helpful.

Regards,

Amrutha

Solution

José Pedro Proença wrote:

Amrutha Varshini T S wrote:

Hi Amrutha Varshini T S :)

Thanks a lot for your feedback! We think your request makes a lot of sense so we'll add the possibility to set a size limit per file.

We are also looking into what possibilities do we have to also allow you to disable the input after a certain number of files have been uploaded.

I'll let you know as soon as we've updated the component. I'm working on it as we speak.

Once again, thanks a lot for the feedback

Hello again :)

Please, go ahead and check the updated demo https://jose-proenca.outsystemscloud.com/MultipleFileUploadReactiveDemo/FileUpload

I've added the possibility to set a file limit.

I'm working know on allowing you to deactivate the file upload widget. As soon as that is done I'll update the Forge component.

Let me know what you think

Hi José Pedro Proença,

Thank you for your quick response. Looks great :)

Cheers!!

We now also allow you to enable/disable the input as you wanted :) You can also check it out on the demo link.

I'll upload this new version later today after doing some further tests.

Hi Amrutha Varshini T S

The new version of the Forge component is live! Go ahead and update it :)

Let me know if this helps with your issues and if so, please don't forget to mark this answer as Solution.

Thank you so much for the great feedback!

Staff

Hi Amrutha, are you trying to change the file upload limitations in written in the Forge component or are you trying to resize a photo yourself right now? Resize an image here.

Hi Amrutha Varshini T S :)

Thanks a lot for your feedback! We think your request makes a lot of sense so we'll add the possibility to set a size limit per file.

We are also looking into what possibilities do we have to also allow you to disable the input after a certain number of files have been uploaded.

I'll let you know as soon as we've updated the component. I'm working on it as we speak.

Once again, thanks a lot for the feedback