Views
Comments
Speech to text transcription for a mobile app
Question

hello, 

I am new to Outsystems(unfortunately not a developer L)and working on mobile app that requires speech to text transcription on android phone(Samsung). I've looked at the Forge options (AI) but none are compatible with our solution. Any advice on what plugin/ options I can use to implement in the app that are outsystems's compatible? Currently, I am looking for plugins rather that device/separate app capabilities.

Thank you in advance.

Hi Lilyana,

I am afraid if there is any forge component for speech to text, but have a look at  https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/Web_Speech_API/Using_the_Web_Speech_API 

You may have to use these APIs to work with your app.

Regards,

Swatantra

mvp_badge
MVP

Lilyana Koleva wrote:

hello, 

I am new to Outsystems(unfortunately not a developer L)and working on mobile app that requires speech to text transcription on android phone(Samsung). I've looked at the Forge options (AI) but none are compatible with our solution. Any advice on what plugin/ options I can use to implement in the app that are outsystems's compatible? Currently, I am looking for plugins rather that device/separate app capabilities.

Thank you in advance.

Hi Lilyana,

Not sure if I understand this. I have (had) several Samsung phones, and the speech to text transcription is built in the phone (keyboards), not in the applications. I myself use for example GBoard keyboard, and use the speech to text transcription on a daily based especially with chat apps like WhatsApp and telegram. But even to post on the OutSystems forum. 

Regards,

Daniel

mvp_badge
MVP

it is a service you use on the internet, so yeah you always need internet. The reason these services are now possible on a mobile is that they leverage the internet to leverage data center computing power.I do not think you will be able to implement this working offline.