Views
Comments
[XML Records] User is getting "invalid DateTime Representention using XMLToRecordList"
Question
Forge component by Afonso Carvalho
Published on 25 Nov 2019

User is using a date datatype field <FECHA_NACIMIENTO>1992-05-03</FECHA_NACIMIENTO> and is getting below error while using XMLToRecordList action. 

I tried the same with basic XML structure <DOB>1992-03-02</DOB> and i am not getting this error. 

User mentioned they did not get this error when they used timezone, America/Lima but this had other issues, so they reverted back to their original America/Bogota and they are seeing this issue. 

I am unable to find the issue as in my local i am not getting this local. 

Clients XMLRecords version - 1.6.2

My XMLRecords version - 1.5.8

Any idea if this is a known issue or is there any solution/workaround for this issue. 

Masked screenprints attached. 

ErroronUIpng.png

mvp_badge
MVP

If I'm not mistaken, the component uses the Environment's Default Date Format. Check the Date Format in Service Center -> Administration, and make sure it is as expected.

yes, we did check that and it is YYYY-MM-DD 

Attaching screen print from user environment.

69202030727PM.png

mvp_badge
MVP

The error is about an invalid DateTime, and the field seems a Date only. Might this be the problem?

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi,

I noticed something while looking at your screenshot: the URL ends in ".jsf". Is your client using the OutSystems Java stack?

mvp_badge
MVP

I suspect that might be the root of the issue - the Java stack is no longer supported and from what I gather, no developments/fixes have been made to that side of the codebase for some time now. 

In order for anyone to test this, they would need to have access to an OutSystems Java environment, and that is a very hard thing to find these days.

mvp_badge
MVP

@FICO Support: you could try to reproduce it in a PE, to see if it happens there too. If not, then you're indeed out of luck, as the Java Stack is on its way out.

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi @FICO Support, what do you mean when you say you changed the timezone? How are you doing it? 

If you are changing the regional settings on your server, I would say it is not a recommended path to follow, as it can affect the overall behaviour of multiple applications.

Here are a few things to check:

1. Have you tried forcing the Date Format in the DefaultConfig?

2. As the XML you're receiving is using american format "yyyy-MM-dd" you shouldn't need to change any date format configuration, as it is by default the expected format.

Although apparently the timezone change, as you say, is affecting the behaviour of the extension. Taking into consideration what you're reporting, and that both Bogota and Lima's default date format is dd/mm/yyyy, maybe depending on how you're swapping the timezone, it might be affecting the standard behaviour.

So you either force the Date Format as point 1 or don't change the timezone, if possible.

3. Have a Java developer debugging the extension and checking how your timezone change is affecting its Date Handling behaviour. Hopefully when comparing the version 1.5.8 (which works) with the 1.6.2 you'll easily spot the issue and fix it very quickly.

4. Ultimately, if it's an urgent fix and the above options don't solve it, you can change the type of your structure's date attribute to text and validate and convert it into date programatically. Not the most elegant option, but depending on the urgency, it can be a workaround until you get a final fix on the Java extension.