Hello everyone, I've been developing mobile app with Outsystems platform.

I wanted to ask about the status bar in mobile app behaviour in iOS and Android. Here's the case:

1. in iOS
  2. in Android

In Android, the image background from layout header successfully covered the status bar background while the iOS did not. 

I am using the OverlayWebView statement from this reference and put the js snippet in OnInitialize event screen: https://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/latest/reference/cordova-plugin-statusbar/index.html#statusbaroverlayswebview

here is the js code:

StatusBar.overlaysWebView(true);
StatusBar.styleLightContent();

Is there any alternative way to achieve this in iOS? Thanks before.

Hi,

please see the solution here: Customize the Application Status Bar

Cheers

You have this component too, but I never used StatusBar Plugin

Hi Aditya,

1. Which version of SILK UI Mobile are you using. The customization is possible with v1.1.1 or higher.

2. Also,  Apache Cordova plugins have some limitation with the status bar on iOS13 dark mode.

Regards,

Swatantra

Miguel Verdasca wrote:

Hi,

please see the solution here: Customize the Application Status Bar

Cheers

Hi Miguel, thanks for your response.

Yes I've read the documentation for modifying the status bar through Cordova. But unfortunately the "OverlayWebView" syntax didn't work really well when the header background contained an image.

About the plugin is there any documentation on how to implement it?

Swatantra Kumar wrote:

Hi Aditya,

1. Which version of SILK UI Mobile are you using. The customization is possible with v1.1.1 or higher.

2. Also,  Apache Cordova plugins have some limitation with the status bar on iOS13 dark mode.

Regards,

Swatantra

I am currently using Outsystems UI v2.3.2

No, I'm tested it with iOS12 without dark mode being turned on.

I honestly don't know, I never used it. But you have already tried downloading it to see if there are any samples inside? And did you try to do this: Customize the look of your app with Theme Editor? Maybe if you load an image with theme editor...!?