Images in referenced E-spaces

Images in referenced E-spaces

Hi All,

I'm running into an ackward issue here.
I'd like to make some images public, but I can't for it's not a property parameter.

I seem to have the need to put my images in a Webblock in order to make them public.

Is this really the way to go, or is there perhaps another (read better) way?
Hmm...

Well, images are referenced by name, so you can always add an Image to a screen, and select "External" and then state the URL...

It's not quite what you want, but that's the way I see you could pull off something like that. An alternative would be to insert the image in the database... Depending on what you're trying to accomplish, this might just be an overkill.

The workaround with the Web Block is actually a nice one, since I'm not seeing an alternative to it, at first sight.

Anyone else?

Regards,

Paulo Tavares
In 5.1 it's possible to have public images referenced by other eSpaces. They will have the Public propery just like Web Blocks and Actions

Best Regards,
Gustavo Guerra
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies.
I'll currently stick to the webblocks for this enables me to still rename the image name.
(not that I'll do that on a weekly base; but I'm not fond of creating possible 'hidden' inconsistency situations that will pop-up at runtime)

Making a 'micro'- wave for 5.1; hoping to move to it soon. :)
coming in 1 month and some days :)