Extended properties for outsystems web application.

Hi All,

I have a text input widget in my screen, can anyone tell me how can i call a screen action using the extended properties?

onKeyup; onBlur etc.

Regards,

Dhiraj manwani

Not sure if I understood your question. Are these events that you are after ? 

Tushar Panpaliya wrote:

Thanks tushar, but i need it for web application; we dont have handler in web application

Dhiraj Manwani wrote:

Tushar Panpaliya wrote:

Thanks tushar, but i need it for web application; we dont have handler in web application

Okay. For web we cannot bind screen actions directly to the extended properties. A workaround it. Have hidden button in your page , assign your screen action to this button click and then through your onblur etc. get this button click executed with something as simple as "$('#"+button.id+"').click()"

Tushar Panpaliya wrote:

Dhiraj Manwani wrote:

Tushar Panpaliya wrote:

Okay. For web we cannot bind screen actions directly to the extended properties. A workaround it. Have hidden button in your page , assign your screen action to this button click and then through your onblur etc. get this button click executed with something as simple as "$('#"+button.id+"').click()"

Thanks Tushar...Already tried this

Some other way??

Event is not triggered this way

Hi Dhiraj,

One way to accomplish this is to use the FakeNotifyWidget web block from the RichWidgets module on your screen where you have your Input Widget, give it a name and call the OsNotifyWidget('<WebBlockWidgetName>.Id', '<message>') js function from the extended properties of the Input Widget to trigger the web block's OnNotify screen action. Inside the screen action you can use the Deprecated_NotifyGetMessage action from the System module in order to retrieve the <message> sent from the OnNotify() JS function.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Nordin

I have attached a small sample OML for demo purposes.

Regards,

Nordin

Dhiraj Manwani wrote:

Tushar Panpaliya wrote:

Dhiraj Manwani wrote:

Tushar Panpaliya wrote:

Thanks Tushar...Already tried this

Some other way??

Event is not triggered this way

Hi Dhiraj,

I think you are usign "visible -false" property for hidden but use style- "display:none" because it is hide client side not server side. 

when you use "visible -false" it is hide server side and no button find for trigger action.

Regards

Rahul Sahu