Views
Comments
Solved
How come I can't select "PersonMovieRole" as a Data Type?
Question

Hi everyone, I'm following the guided path on Becoming a Traditional Web Developer. I'm currently working on exercise 6.2.5a) and it says: "Add a Local Variable to the AddMovieParticipant Screen and name it  Participation. Set its Data Type to PersonMovieRole."

However, when I try to do this, the Data Type PersonMovieRole does not appear in the drop-down menu:

I've also noticed that PersonMovieRole does not appear when I try to get an overview of the Data that my OSMDb_Core_Lotte module contains, while I'm still in my OSMDb_Lotte module (Lotte is my name, therefore I've given the modules these names):

However, when I try to view the Data within the OSMDb_Core_Lotte module itself, the overview does include PersonMovieRole.

Does anyone know why this might be the case? What can I do to make PersonMovieRole appear not just when I'm in the OSMDb_Core_Lotte module, but also when I try to access the Data from the OSMDb_Core_Lotte module within the OSMDb_Lotte module?

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi,

Make sure the Public property of the PersonMovieRole entity is set to Yes and publish the OSMDB_Core_Lotte module.

Then you need to refresh the dependencies of the OSMDB_Lotte module in order to add the PersonMovieRole Entity and click Apply. The PersonMovieRole Entity will now be available in your module and you can choose it as a Data Type.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Nordin

mvp_badge
MVP

Glad I could help! :)