Views
Comments
Reactive web, Javascript inside popup
Question

Good afternoon, I'm working on an reactive application that has a captcha element included.  I added the captcha to a web block and that web block resides inside of a popup.   When the user triggers the popup they need to do the captcha and then the content of the popup will switch to their data.

This works fine the first time I open the popup, captcha is rendered as expected.   But if I close the popup without doing the captcha and re-open it the captcha does not render.   In a traditional web app an Ajax refresh should correct that but I can't seem to figure out why Reactive is behaving this way.   Any ideas?

Hi Josh,

If you are using WebBlock in popup i think you need to use OnParameterChanged action for Webblock event and in this action you need to refresh data.

Regards

Rahul Sahu

Unfortunately the OnParametersChanged action didn't solve my problem.   What I'm seeing is that if I open a popup all of the javascript loads as expected and the captcha widget is rendered when a button is clicked.   However if the popup is closed and then reopened from the parent screen when I click the button to render the captcha I get an error that no captcha exists.   

So it seems that the scripts associated with the webblock inside the popup only load the first time the popup/webblock is rendered.

*Edit I did open a ticket with OS support to see if I'm just overlooking something.

Hi Josh,

where you are using script on main page or webblock,

Use javascript on webblock when you hit by button every time js load and its work.

Regards

Rahul Sahu