Views
Comments
[Ultimate PDF] The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration incorrect
Question
Forge component by Leonardo Fernandes
Published on 14 Nov 2020

Hi Team

We are suddenly experiencing issue with Ultimate PDF component. Suddendly pdf generation stopped in my application and i can see below error in the log.

The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail
   at ssUltimatePDF.RssExtensionUltimatePDF.MssPrintPDF(HeContext heContext, String inParamURL, IRecord inParamViewport, IRecord inParamPaper, String inParamSessionCookieDomain, Int32 inParamBrowserRevision, Byte[]& outParamPDF)
   at ssUltimatePDF.Actions.ActionPrintToPDF_Advanced(HeContext heContext, String inParamURL, String inParamPaperSize, String inParamMarginSize, Byte[]& outParamPDF)

Any suggestion will be very helpful.

varunsingh8780 wrote:

Hi Team

We are suddenly experiencing issue with Ultimate PDF component. Suddendly pdf generation stopped in my application and i can see below error in the log.

The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail
   at ssUltimatePDF.RssExtensionUltimatePDF.MssPrintPDF(HeContext heContext, String inParamURL, IRecord inParamViewport, IRecord inParamPaper, String inParamSessionCookieDomain, Int32 inParamBrowserRevision, Byte[]& outParamPDF)
   at ssUltimatePDF.Actions.ActionPrintToPDF_Advanced(HeContext heContext, String inParamURL, String inParamPaperSize, String inParamMarginSize, Byte[]& outParamPDF)

Any suggestion will be very helpful.

I ran SxsTrace Trace and Parse to collect more details. attached is the logs for the same.

SxsTrace.txt

Hi,

Issue is resolved by deleting Temp (specifically C:\Windows\Temp\.local-chromium\)  folder. It seems chromium driver was not able to get latest dll and hence pdf generation was giving issue.

Thanks,

Varun

Hi Varun,

May I know clear client’s temp folder or server one? My outSystems is in cloud platform.

please advise

Staff

Hello Jessica,

Since you are in the OutSystems Cloud, try to:

• Download the latest version of the "Ultimate PDF" component from the Forge and publish it in the affected environment. This should force the chromium driver to update correctly;
  • After this doing the above, you should resolve all the outdated references in the affected environment, by publishing the consumers of the "UltimatePDF" extension.

If possible it would be recommended to try this change in another environment and confirm that everything still works as expected.

Let me know if that solves the problem on your side.

Thank for your advice.

The problem has been solved.

Same problem here. Also deleting the application completely, waiting for the deployment service to remove the obsolete folders and installing it again (and refresh the dependencies) did not solve the problem. 

I guess the temporary folder is not refreshed. 

We cannot access the temporary files ourselves since we are on the cloud.