Hello

I'm running an enterprise version, and I'll need to expose a REST API using .Net.

I've tried to read some documentation at outsystems but I didn't get any 100% conclusion so I hope someone here could help me.

Basically i need the API I'm creating using the integration studio in .Net, always be "listening", that is,

I need another external service when necessary to be able to access my endpoint whenever it wants, to get the data that i'm sending.

I'm wondering if that's possible

Thanks every1.

Hi Sérgio,

Unfortunately, that is not possible. OutSystems Extensions are only "alive" as long as an application uses them, and can't be used akin to Windows services or the like.

However, I'm wondering what very special REST API you need to expose that you can't use OutSystems REST functionality. What is your use case?

I need to define the data type as Object, and according to OutSystems:

"OutSystems supports the Object data type to allow to reuse your own .NET classes. The default value is NullObject()."

Hi Sérgio,

Not sure what you mean with "data type as Object". A REST API typically uses JSON and/or plain text, what kind of "Object" are you talking about?

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Sérgio,

Not sure what you mean with "data type as Object". A REST API typically uses JSON and/or plain text, what kind of "Object" are you talking about?

I need to define the data type as "Object"

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Sérgio,

(for some reason the image was not sent before)

Hi Sérgio,

An authentication token is typically plain text encoded in Base64. Do you have a description of the API somewhere? Because I have the hunch you don't quite understand how to map the API description to OutSystems.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Sérgio,

An authentication token is typically plain text encoded in Base64. Do you have a description of the API somewhere? Because I have the hunch you don't quite understand how to map the API description to OutSystems.

No xD. Ignore the name, the image was only an example of what I wanted to say. The issue is not about the authentication, is only about the Data Type

Hi Sérgio,

I respectfully disagree. A C# (or OutSystems) "object" is not something you can send via REST. So my question still stands: can you show the relevant part of the API description that leads you to believe you need to send an "object"?