Views
Comments
Solved
Reactive dropdown Options Text
Question

How can I get the selected Options Text property of a dropdown in Reactive? Do I need to use javascript and reference the widget id? 

Solution

Hi Michael,

Than you have to change option value set as like below image

Thank it will show text instead of selected ID.

Regards

Rahul Sahu

Michael Furnari wrote:

How can I get the selected Options Text property of a dropdown in Reactive? Do I need to use javascript and reference the widget id? 

hi Michael, check that and try to replicate on your logic, if you don't manage let me know :)

Hope I could help you

Best regards

Carlos Lessa

Hi Michael,

In dropdown widget is a property Variable where we can store dropdown selected value.

In this image "UserIdentifire" is a local variable and i am showing user list in a dropdown.

Can you clearify more what you want achive?

Regards

Rahul sahu

Michael Furnari wrote:

Hi Michel,

In the below mentioned image Variable property of the drop-down hold the selected value.

I hope that is you are looking at....

cheers....

I am trying to retrieve the Options Text, not the Options Value. So, in this screenshot I can easily retrieve the Options Value in the onclick event handler by referencing the variable "SelectedServiceProviderId". However, I would like to retrieve the Options Text value, which is a field named "FirmNameCategory" from the GetAllServiceProviders.List. This list is populated from an Aggregate. I'm sure there must be an easy way, since it's a common thing in C#, but I may be mistaken. 

Solution

Hi Michael,

Than you have to change option value set as like below image

Thank it will show text instead of selected ID.

Regards

Rahul Sahu

Thank you Rahul, I did not know that!  Sometimes it's the simple things that can trip us up when going from Visual Studio to OutSystems Service Studio :) 

Hi Michael,

Don't worry. The first time I tried to use the dropdown, I also didn't know that.

Regards

Rahul Sahu