Is Outsystems reactive web is a good choice for a banking financial application?

Hi,

I would like to know the limitations of the Outsystems reactive application. Also, which types of applications (Banking, Financial, or normal website) can be developed in the Outsystems reactive applications.

Finally, my question is, can we consider the Outsystems reactive web is a good choice for a banking financial application?

Thanks,
Amit Tiwari

Solution

Hi,

Reactive Web in my view will always be a great choice. But when it comes to banking, and not only those customers who are still very attached to old Operating Systems or browsers like IE, it becomes a very risky choice.

Because Reactive does not work well in IE (Internet Explorer). However, there are already some workarounds to address several of your problems. I share here an article from a friend of mine, which explains how to overcome several negative points of reactive with IE.

OutSystems Reactive IE Compatibility

I hope helps you.
Cheers

Solution

Hi Miguel,
First of all thanks for your response.

One more thing I wanted to know how secure is client functions because client variables and actions are associated with the browser, not with the server?

Thanks,
Amit Tiwari

Hi,

yes, it’s secure! You must have care about what kind information you bring to the client side. You must have a server side layer, where you only do rule and user id validations, to find out if you have access to perform an action or access a table.  I'm finishing an application in reactive and our team of security and penetration tests did a lot of tests and passed ... we had to make some adjustments to the code in order to be more secure but in the end it is completely safe.

cheers,
Miguel