Outsystems Development Preview for Custom widget is not working

Hi Guys,

I created a custom widget based on the cardSectioned widget in order to use it in another application. When I change the background color through the extended Class parameter the background color is not changing in service studio. 

I found a document called The Complete Guide to Creating Components on Outsystems. It mentions "CSS properties prefixed with -servicestudio- ". I thought this would help but it's still not working. 

Please help me?

Hi Munyaradzi,

While creating custom widgets, please create the input parameters(like - BackgroundColorCode) with default value for that custom widget and use that parameter value to set background color in cardSectioned widget.

While using this cardSectioned widget in another application, please pass the input parameter value what ever you want.

Thanks

Vinod

Hi Munyaradzi,

can you show with oml or screenprints how you are doing this.  It should work.  No need to mess with -servicestudio css, this is only when you want it to look different in service studio than in browser.

Dorine

Please find the attached OML. This OML contains a card widget. 

Check the attached sample. You'll just have to create a class and pass it in the extended properties form the screen where you are using the widget/webblock .

Cheers,

Tushar

I wanted to have a preview of the color in service studio without having to open in browser in order to see the changes.

Hi Munyarardzi,

i see what you mean now.

When your block is put onto screen1, and in parameters on screen1, it gets an extended class hardcoded, you'd like to see the effect of that in service studio.  I don't think that is possible, I don't think that gets evaluated by service studio.

As Vinod suggested, you could give the extended class parameter on the block a default value, and that will show, but that's probably not what you are after.

Dorine

Munyaradzi Kandoro wrote:

I wanted to have a preview of the color in service studio without having to open in browser in order to see the changes.

This is not available in OutSystems OOB(Out of Box).