Open youtube video in supported application
Question

Hi All,

I want to develop an mobile app 

SO the application will be like:

There will be home screen where there will be two options:

1) Videos

2) Documents

When a user clicks on Videos he will see the list of videos on the screen. The list will come from the entity which will have list of video files name and there YouTube links. So when a user select any video the the YouTube link will be fetched and should get open in any supported application.

For Documents:  There would be list of documents name stored in the entity. Whenever a user clicks on any document a REST API is called requesting by the document name and the response will receive that particular document. So when that document is received it should get open in the supported application.

So I want to know when I click on any video file name it will fetch link from the entity and how it will open in another application like youtube or chrome or any supported application to play youtube video?

Thankyou

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Kaustubh,

Just wondering, what are the steps you already took to design and build the application you want?

• Did you search OutSystems Forge for components that could be useful to use? 
    • Did you try out some of those?
  • Did you already think about the structure of your mobile application? Screens, navigation, etc. in a bit more detail than the description you shared in your post?
  • You write about "the documents" but where do they come from? Are these on a server? 

The forum is mainly to help you when you get stuck with implementing some kind of functionality of OutSystems or if you have a specific OutSystems question. Your question is really generic in the kind of "I have an idea that I for a mobile application, but I have no idea how to build it". This is most likely due to a lack of understanding of your application needs and the how-to-use OutSystems to implement your application design. The guided path Becoming a mobile developer can help you understand better how to build a mobile application.

Regards,

Daniel

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi,

Thanks for the bit more detailed description.

I still don't know which parts of developing this application are unclear to you. I assume for now that you have basic knowledge on how to build an OutSystems mobile application, that you know how to create an entity, and bootstrap data into it, that you know how to create a screen and show a list of entity data on that screen.

If you don't know how to do the tasks I described, then you definitely should follow the guided path I wrote about in my previous post.

Then regarding showing a video when clicking on a video list item, you can try out some of the following Forge components and see which one best fits your requirements:

For opening a document when clicking on a document in the list of documents try out:

Regards,

Daniel

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi,

I think I already answered with components you can try, download them, try to use them, see how the code works, or read the component documentation if included. I didn't check but many components have a demo module or screen demonstrating how to use it. You need to invest some time in this.

Regards,

Daniel