[File Viewer Plugin] [FileViewer plugin] Trying to open PDF returns NO_APPLICATION

Forge Component
(6)
Published on 1 Apr by Experts
6 votes
Published on 1 Apr by Experts

Hi, i'm trying to use File Viewer Plugin to open documents saved on the device, i've saved the desired documents in a folder (checked with a File Manager and it is saved where expected) The files open when going through the device, but when i try to open them through my app i get the Error Code 5, stating there is no application to open that type of folder.

I have checked the filename and made sure its a simple name with no spaces or special characters (this was one of the problems i was having saving the file on the internal storage)

Does someone know the reason for the error and how to solve it?

Best Regards,

Fábio Santos

Hi Fabio,

What kind of file do you are trying open?

Can you provide a print screen of flow and properties of the action or the oml?

Regards,

Leandro.

Can you please upload an example of your code?

Regards,

Swapnil

Hi thank you for the replies, i've attatched an .oml with a simple example of my implementation. 

I could actually check that the problem i was having was due to the Android Version. 

I tested using an Android 5, which doesn't open,

I proceeded to test on an Android 8 when i created the attatched OML and it worked opening the File.

So my current question is in which versions is this plugin stable/working?

Best Regards,

Fábio Santos

Hi Fabio,

There is some app to open a PDF File installed in the device?

Leandro Correa wrote:

Hi Fabio,

There is some app to open a PDF File installed in the device?

Hi Leandro,

Yes i've got at least 2 applications to read pdfs as i stated previously "The files open when going through the device, but when i try to open them through my app i get the Error Code 5, stating there is no application to open that type of folder." When i navigate to the folder where the pdf is saved i can open it but through my app i get the error code 5.