Views
Comments
Solved
[Location Plugin] Error: "Current location settings can not satisfy this request"
Question
Forge component by OutSystems R&D
Published on 25 Aug 2020

When GetLocation is called, error message states "Current location settings can not satisfy this request". 

1. Works fine when using browser testing

2. Location is enabled on my Android device (Allowed while in-use )

Does anyone have an idea what's going on? 

Solution

Update: Error 105 is solved by installing "Location Accuracy Plugin" and use it before GetLocation(), it sort of kicks open the GPS logo on the notification banner of the phone.

But then I'm having new error "code 3: Position Retrieval Timeout", anyone know about it? It's likely a different error from a popular one "Timeout expired".

-Tim

tim yu wrote:

When GetLocation is called, error message states "Current location settings can not satisfy this request". 

1. Works fine when using browser testing

2. Location is enabled on my Android device (Allowed while in-use )

Does anyone have an idea what's going on? 

Hi Tim,

Put your location mode in your phone settings to device only and in the GetLocation action set EnableHighAccuracy to false.

Cheers,
Nagesh.

Nagesh, thanks for your reply.

I believe your solution is to prevent the device from using the GPS signals, which me personally okay with. However, after turning off HighAccuracy and re-install app, the issue persists. 

I'm going to try other plugins will update if any others work.

-Tim 

I've even installed "CheckGPS Plugin" in the plugin store, and execute CheckGPS() before GetLocation(). 

CheckGPS() returns good GPS, still, GetLocation() gives "code 105: Current location settings can not satisfy this request"

Any ideas my comrades?

I had this problem in my emulator, and I had no idea why, until I saw that for determining the location I only used GPS and not Wifi as well. As soon as I told the system to use wifi too it worked like a charm. 

Solution

Update: Error 105 is solved by installing "Location Accuracy Plugin" and use it before GetLocation(), it sort of kicks open the GPS logo on the notification banner of the phone.

But then I'm having new error "code 3: Position Retrieval Timeout", anyone know about it? It's likely a different error from a popular one "Timeout expired".

-Tim