Otsystems 11 Mobile Horizontal Scrolling of TABS

Hi,

I have a mobile app for use on Tablets and Phones.   I have several tabs.  Looks and works great on tablet and phone other than the tabs.  I can swipe body to see all tab content but...... I would like to see the tabs scroll horizontally.  Is this possible?   I know that others have asked this question and were told its a bad user interface although the contacts screen that came with my phone uses horizontally scrollabe tabs.  Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Bill,

What's your Outsystems UI version? It's supported since version 2.5.2.

Best regards,

Leandro.

Leandro Correa wrote:

Hi Bill,

Best regards,

Leandro.

Leandro,

I am in 11.7 Mobile App.. I have 6 tabs all visible in tablet. when I go to the phone I can only see a few.  I am able to swipe through tab content sections no problem.  The Actual Tabs I cant see though. I need the Tabs to move as I swipe through content or be able to swipe actual tabs.  I have seen it work before I dont know why its not working now.

Bill Rough wrote:

Leandro Correa wrote:

Hi Bill,

Best regards,

Leandro.

Leandro,

I am in 11.7 Mobile App.. I have 6 tabs all visible in tablet. when I go to the phone I can only see a few.  I am able to swipe through tab content sections no problem.  The Actual Tabs I cant see though. I need the Tabs to move as I swipe through content or be able to swipe actual tabs.  I have seen it work before I dont know why its not working now.

I also have tables that are not responding to screen size

Bill Rough wrote:

Leandro Correa wrote:

Hi Bill,

Best regards,

Leandro.

Leandro,

I am in 11.7 Mobile App.. I have 6 tabs all visible in tablet. when I go to the phone I can only see a few.  I am able to swipe through tab content sections no problem.  The Actual Tabs I cant see though. I need the Tabs to move as I swipe through content or be able to swipe actual tabs.  I have seen it work before I dont know why its not working now.

Hi Bill,

I mean the OutSystems UI version, verify in the Service Studio if there is a new version available.

Can you provide some prints?

Leandro Correa wrote:

Can you provide some prints?

Leandro,  I updated to newest UI and Tabs are now working great!! Thank you!!!  I still have following problem.  I have been using lists.. I have created a container with list headers in the screen header are so you can see when scrolling... I want to use tables with fixed headers.  I have read how to accomplish this in Outsystems specs.. I have the problem that my tables are not responsive see attached

One More

Hi Bill, 

I'm glad to hear that the update solved the tabs issue! 

About the table, did you try to use the width propertie with 100%?

Leandro Correa wrote:

Hi Bill, 

Leandro,   Yes I have tried that.  The width was automatically set to 100 percent when the table was created.  The width of the columns was in Pixels.. I have also tried to set to "Fill" and adjusted the widths to columns to columns so that they were equal to 12.  I have tried on a blank screen so that I was sure none of my other widgets were creating the problem. I have also placed inside a container with width set to "Fill" and tried table in both ways.  100 percent and pixels and fill and columns.  Still nothing.  Also when I updated UI my tab headers now scroll.  I believe that they had stopped working because I added a plugin which used older version of UI (Maybe???).  The top Tabs scroll but the tab content is screwed up.  You can see two tab contents divided in the middle when you first open screen for some reason.  Then as you move though tabs it moves through content as if it is offset by 50 percent.  When I get to the last tab it corrects itself. Then I can go backwards  through the tabs and everything is as it should be. It remains that way until I navigate away from the screen.  Every time I open the screen the same thing happens.  I cant figure it out.

Bill Rough wrote:

Leandro Correa wrote:

Hi Bill, 

Leandro,   Yes I have tried that.  The width was automatically set to 100 percent when the table was created.  The width of the columns was in Pixels.. I have also tried to set to "Fill" and adjusted the widths to columns to columns so that they were equal to 12.  I have tried on a blank screen so that I was sure none of my other widgets were creating the problem. I have also placed inside a container with width set to "Fill" and tried table in both ways.  100 percent and pixels and fill and columns.  Still nothing.  Also when I updated UI my tab headers now scroll.  I believe that they had stopped working because I added a plugin which used older version of UI (Maybe???).  The top Tabs scroll but the tab content is screwed up.  You can see two tab contents divided in the middle when you first open screen for some reason.  Then as you move though tabs it moves through content as if it is offset by 50 percent.  When I get to the last tab it corrects itself. Then I can go backwards  through the tabs and everything is as it should be. It remains that way until I navigate away from the screen.  Every time I open the screen the same thing happens.  I cant figure it out.

Is the outsystems UI the same for reactive and mobile?  Could I have used the wrong UI.. I see the version that I have was just updated and in the notes it says fixed table issues but. It was happening in both versions.  It also has the reactive image below it.