104
Views
4
Comments
[Ultimate PDF] Ultimate PDF performance issue
Question
Forge component by Leonardo Fernandes
15
Published on 14 Nov 2020

Hello Team,

We noticed a severe performance issue when using the Ultimate PDF extension.

We have several environments (DTAP). On D it goes well, the TAP environments it doesn't.

The performance on D is around the 2 seconds. On TAP it's 22 seconds for each PDF.
I went into the rabbit hole to do debugging on our Test server. I can follow the process but when it gets to:

OutSystems.NssUltimatePDF.Browser.BrowserUtils
line 111: await page.GoToAsync(url, NavigationOptions);
It stops responding for approx. 22 seconds.
The (report)page it's loading is only active for 600ms. So no delay there.

My other obervations:
* TAP don't have an internet connection. But the chromium is in the folder.
* It seems to be since one of the last updates but that's hard to say.
* We use the latest version of Ultimate PDF 2.0.2
* We use chromium revision 719523 (I don't know if there is one advised by you)
* There are no settings configured for the new settings (LocalServerHostname and LocalServerProtocol).

I hope you can help me with this because we made the switch to UltimatePDF a while ago and going back to HTML2PDF is not an easy thing for us.

Rank: #261

We are seeing the exact same behavior. On DEV, everything goes very fast. In any other environment, we get timeouts. It takes up to 25 seconds to get a PDF, which is way past the Reactive web timeout threshold.

Any ideas?

Staff
Rank: #163

Hello guys.

A couple of versions ago a major improvement in performance was obtained thanks to what was said in this post:

Now it seems that you are again facing performance issues in some environments.

You can try playing with the browser args to see if you can fine tune the performance that way.

I'm posting here some links that may help you with that:

I don't know if this will work, and the amount of possible args is overwhelming. There's one that may be worth trying "--prod", but this is just an hunch. I don't have the time to try it myself but this is something that may help you.

Good luck,

Ricardo Costa

Hello guys, regarding the timeout, talked to the team, in react we modified the requests timeout.

Screenshot12.png