Is it possible to use Reactive AI chatbot on a traditional web application?

I am going to develop an AI chatbot but I am unsure to use reactive or traditional. The AI chatbot needs to be able to run on tablet, mobile phone and PC. However, the web application is in traditional web. Must i redo the web application in reactive web in order for the Reactive AI chatbot to run? Or can i use reactive/traditional AI Chatbot for my traditional web application?

Jack Lin wrote:

I am going to develop an AI chatbot but I am unsure to use reactive or traditional. The AI chatbot needs to be able to run on tablet, mobile phone and PC. However, the web application is in traditional web. Must i redo the web application in reactive web in order for the Reactive AI chatbot to run? Or can i use reactive/traditional AI Chatbot for my traditional web application?

When you say that it needs to run on tablet, mobile and PC do you mean browsers or native apps generated for devices ? 

If it;s just that it should be accessible in device browser and you already have a traditional web app in place would suggest to continue with the same. The outsystemsUI framework supports responsive behavior for web apps to be accessed on various screen sizes. If you are starting something new, Reactive apps should be the obvious choice. 

Cheers,

Tushar

Jack, as I understand your problem, you already have a chatbot OutSystems traditional web application, and you want to integrate it into reactive web application. I am not sure what you mean by integration i.e. integrating the logic, UI etc.

As far as I know you cannot integrate UI elements from traditional to reactive by adding dependencies, however you should be able to logic exposed via server actions, services or APIs. This implies you will have to still redo the UI unless you are planning to use external URL or IFrame options.

Hope this helps!

Thanks

Junaid