Upload file value missing on Wizard multi step validation

Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie in OS, i currently have a problem in the cms i'm creating, the scenario is this:

I am using wizard widget for multi step validation, i am entering data in the step 1 with image upload,  when i click the proceed button to go to the next step and fill up the necessary fields and upon clicking the save button ( The save button is in the second step )  it always says that the Filename is empty, i have that validation in the first step if ever the file upload widget is empty, so basically it means that the files i upload in the first step were gone.

The other data inputted were still there just the file uploaded.

How could i retain that value? Please can someone help me or enlighten me to this problem i am facing.

Any form of help will be appreciated.

Thank You!

-Laurence

Hi Laurence,

Can you share oml.

Regards

Rahul Sahu

Rahul Sahu wrote:

Hi Laurence,

Can you share oml.

Regards

Rahul Sahu

Hi Rahul,

I'm sorry i can't share an oml as per company policy, i will provide a screen shot.

here's what's happening there, when i was in the first step i will fill all the details including the file upload, as you could see there is file uploaded name 1.jpg, after i click the proceed button i will be in the next step, in that next step it also contains necessary fields.

There is a save button there , and when i click it , it returns an error Filename Empty! as shown in the screenshot. (it should save all the data even the ones from the first step.)

I dont know how to retain that value.

Thank You.

-Laurence

Hi Laurence, 

which one you are using Reactive or Traditional App.?

if you are using  traditional than it may be ajax refresh problem.

Regards

Rahul Sahu

Rahul Sahu wrote:

Hi Laurence, 

which one you are using Reactive or Traditional App.?

if you are using  traditional than it may be ajax refresh problem.

Regards

Rahul Sahu

Hi Rahul,

It is Traditional App, however i am not using ajax refresh, also the proceed button is in submit method, i follow the instructions on how to implement wizard from this article.

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Design_UI/Patterns/Using_Traditional_Web_Patterns/Navigation/Wizard

Hi Laurence ,

if you using submit method it run prepration again and all variables are reset.

Use ajax submit and see its working.

Regards

Rahul Sahu

Rahul Sahu wrote:

Hi Laurence ,

if you using submit method it run prepration again and all variables are reset.

Use ajax submit and see its working.

Regards

Rahul Sahu

Hi rahul,

I tried changing it to ajax submit but unfortunately it doesn't proceed to step 2, it just stays in step 1.

Thank You.

-Laurence

Hi Laurence,

I got it why this happen basically in Traditional App upload widget work only submit method.

if your button method is submit and than upload widget take run time propert other wise other method does not work with this widget.

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Design_UI/Inputs/Enable_End_Users_to_Upload_Files

Regards

Rahul Sahu

Rahul Sahu wrote:

Hi Laurence,

I got it why this happen basically in Traditional App upload widget work only submit method.

if your button method is submit and than upload widget take run time propert other wise other method does not work with this widget.

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Design_UI/Inputs/Enable_End_Users_to_Upload_Files

Regards

Rahul Sahu

Hi rahul, 

I see. that’s why its not working with other method, and with submit i couldn’t retain its value. what could possibly  a work around for this kind of situation? any suggestions? on how to do a multi step creating of data? 

Thanks.

-Laurence

Hi Laurence, 

you can do one thing create one webblock for file upload use here submit method and use event for return file name and use button for style display:none for that

Now in the main Webscreen this webblock is placed and the event is handled. So when you upload one file, you will get the File  name. 

Save the from where u can see that the button method is "Ajax Submit".

Use- MultiStep From

but there is one case when you upload file after that is empty but you can show message you data has been saved you can proceed.

I am attaching demo.

Hope this will help you.

Regards

Rahul Sahu

Rahul Sahu wrote:

Hi Laurence, 

you can do one thing create one webblock for file upload use here submit method and use event for return file name and use button for style display:none for that

Now in the main Webscreen this webblock is placed and the event is handled. So when you upload one file, you will get the File  name. 

Save the from where u can see that the button method is "Ajax Submit".

Use- MultiStep From

but there is one case when you upload file after that is empty but you can show message you data has been saved you can proceed.

I am attaching demo.

Hope this will help you.

Regards

Rahul Sahu

Hi Rahul, 

I’ll glady look into it and study, i’ll let you know if this solve my problem, thank you very much for the effort, i really hope this will be the answer to my problem.

Thank you. 

-Laurence

Hi,

may this help you,

Add one hidden button with submit method,use widget_click on ur upload file button and call action to upload file.

Don't refresh file upload widget.

i hope this will help you.

please let us know.

thanks

JitendraYadav wrote:

Hi,

may this help you,

Add one hidden button with submit method,use widget_click on ur upload file button and call action to upload file.

Don't refresh file upload widget.

i hope this will help you.

please let us know.

thanks

Hi Jitendra,

if use submit method on page it will run prepration after action call than automatic upload widget refresh.

Regards

Rahul