Views
Comments
Solved
Reactive web export to excel from web block

I have a data action, inside a web block, which output parameter is a list of a structure and I’m using the output parameter as the source of a List Record. The web block is used on a screen, on the screen I have a button to export the content of the table in the web block to an excel file.  What would be the best way of exporting the records? 

I checked this approach https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/How-to_Guides/Data/How_to_customize_the_export_to_Excel

But I cannot find the way of doing step 3.  

Thanks

Solution

Hi Lorena,

If i understood you correctly you need to return binary data from WB by event and handel on main screen.

I am using Table record you can use List Record.

I made a sample oml for you.

Hope this will help you.

Regards

Rahul Sahu

EportDataFromWB.oml

Hi Lorena,

List Record from web block is not available in the screen's actions. You can move button to the web block. 

If you want to have button on the screen you can add input parameter to web block and change it in the button's action. Then add OnParametersChanged action, check your parameter's value, return it to default and download data.

Solution

Hi Lorena,

If i understood you correctly you need to return binary data from WB by event and handel on main screen.

I am using Table record you can use List Record.

I made a sample oml for you.

Hope this will help you.

Regards

Rahul Sahu

EportDataFromWB.oml