Users Clone Opened with Errors

Hi,

I am trying to open a Users Module. It was opened as a Clone but with errors. Does it mean that I have done something wrong with the Users Module previously. How to get the new Users Module without any errors?

Thanks

Sunil Reddy

Hi Sunil Reddy,

I believe current versions of the Users application rely on some dependencies you cannot have in non-system modules and as such there will be errors there.

What was the goal of opening the Users module?

Solution

Hi Sunil Reddy,

Someone made a Forge component that adds the encrypt/decrypt methods as a dependency to the cloned Users module in order to fix the errors.

It is mentioned in the following post: https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/59361/not-able-to-publish-custom-user-provider-module/#Post226474

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Nordin

Solution

Nordin Ahdi wrote:

Hi Sunil Reddy,

Someone made a Forge component that adds the encrypt/decrypt methods as a dependency to the cloned Users module in order to fix the errors.

It is mentioned in the following post: https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/59361/not-able-to-publish-custom-user-provider-module/#Post226474

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Nordin

Still I am getting an  Errors as per the screenshot attached. Thanks @Nordin, your link helped me to get 90% of the Solution

Hi Sunil,

It looks like there has been a name change for those two actions. 

I believe you can replace the action IsSSOEnabled with IsSSOBetweenEnvironmentsEnabled and IsEntryEspaceReactiveWeb with IsEntryEspaceRuntimeReactiveWeb.

Regards,

Nordin

Nordin Ahdi wrote:

Hi Sunil,

I believe you can replace the action IsSSOEnabled with IsSSOBetweenEnvironmentsEnabled and IsEntryEspaceReactiveWeb with IsEntryEspaceRuntimeReactiveWeb.

Regards,

Nordin

It worked. Thanks a lot Nordin.

You're welcome!

Nordin Ahdi wrote:

Hi Sunil,

Regards,

Nordin

Hi Nordin, 

I was checking your reply but how should I replace something for the same thing.

Thanks!

Hi Manuel,

You have those errors because the names of the actions have been changed (and I think their output parameter names too). So you just need to point the IsSSOEnabled action to the IsSSOBetweenEnvironmentsEnabled action and change the output accordingly.

Same applies to the IsEntryEspaceReactiveWeb action which was changed to IsEntryEspaceRuntimeReactiveWeb.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Nordin

EDIT: After being corrected by Manuel, the above information should be ignored as it is incorrect. For explanation check out my below post.

Maybe I'm not getting your point of view, but following your image, I'm building a recursive action, right?

Hi Manuel,

Good observation! You are absolutely right.

The other day I looked at cloning the Users module in a hurry in order to help out Sunil with his question. So at the first glance it looked to me that there had been a name change of an action, not realizing that I was creating a recursive action.

But now it seems like the IsSSOEnabled and IsEntryEspaceReactiveWeb actions are actually missing from the cloned Users module.

It seems the first action IsSSOEnabled that is missing needs to tell us whether SSO between Traditional Web, Reactive Web and Mobile Apps is enabled in Service Center. This is new feature that was introduced in Platform Server version 11.8.0 which persists the login session when navigating between App Types.

I will look at this more closely when I have more time and get back here.

Thanks for being so observant!

Regards,

Nordin