Increase length of label field in Database - Text used when the attribute is displays

Hello, Guys. 

I was wondering can we increase the length of the text used when the attribute is displayed in the widget for the database PFA. Length used for the attribute does not have anything to do with it. 

I am trying to use that length as the excel column name and it looks very easy if this(maximizing the length) is possible.

Hi,

It is not something you can configure in OutSystems.

So if you get this error message than that is what it is, and entity attribute label cannot hold more than 50 characters. 

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Satish,

This cannot be changed. The reason for this limitation is that the Default_Label Attribute in the Entity_Attr Entity has a Length of 50:

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Satish,

This cannot be changed. The reason for this limitation is that the Default_Label Attribute in the Entity_Attr Entity has a Length of 50:

Hello, Kilian Hekhuis. Yes you are right that makes sense.
Okay now here is another question, if you have read above in my questions i wanted to do that coz that makes easy for me to use that text as excel column headers.

Brief details- I have excel downloads for MCQ(multiple choices questions) and those questions are longer than 50 characters , i wanted to use the questions as column title when downloading, is there an Outsystems(easy way) to do that.

Solution

The easiest way I guess is to create a Structure. Structure Labels aren't limited to 50 characters, as they're not stored in the database.

Solution

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

The easiest way I guess is to create a Structure. Structure Labels aren't limited to 50 characters, as they're not stored in the database.

Wonderful, i made it work.

Now sorry for asking so many questions in singe thread, But i am trying to convert HTML --> PDF for Reactive Web Application i see lot of plugin out there, could you please suggest one that fit for the purpose.

Hi Satish,

If my post solved your problem, please mark it as Solution, thanks.

As for your other question, I'm not sure whether a special Reactive version is needed, since, as far as I'm aware, all the components render the page first, then convert it to PDF server-side. There's the Client-side HTML to PDF for Mobile, but that's less useful for Reactive, since the latter is more intertwined with the server anyway.