I am trying to validate several applications on Lifetime in order to deploy them to test. Both Apllications and Components.

I get the following error:

Message:Type 'OutSystems.Oml.UnsupportedNewerVersion' in Assembly 'OutSystems.Common, Version=11.0.212.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' is not marked as serializable.
Environment InformationeSpaceVer: 0 (Id=125, PubId=0, CompiledWith=11.0.212.0)
RequestUrl: https://agllife.corp.cyta/lifetime/Staging_Edit.aspx?_ts=1594102044414 (Method: POST)
AppDomain: /LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT/lifetime-4-132384856248785998
FilePath: D:\OutSystems\Platform Server\running\lifetime.1195357611\Staging_Edit.aspx
ClientIp: 172.20.20.175
Locale: en-US
DateFormat: dd-MM-yyyy
PID: 1548 ('w3wp', Started='7/6/2020 5:00:15 AM', Priv=1067Mb, Virt=2106826Mb)
TID: 40
Thread Name:
.NET: 4.0.30319.42000
Stack:Type 'OutSystems.Oml.UnsupportedNewerVersion' in Assembly 'OutSystems.Common, Version=11.0.212.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' is not marked as serializable.

Server stack trace:
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.WriteObjectInfo.InitSerialize(Object obj, ISurrogateSelector surrogateSelector, StreamingContext context, SerObjectInfoInit serObjectInfoInit, IFormatterConverter converter, ObjectWriter objectWriter, SerializationBinder binder)
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.WriteObjectInfo.Serialize(Object obj, ISurrogateSelector surrogateSelector, StreamingContext context, SerObjectInfoInit serObjectInfoInit, IFormatterConverter converter, ObjectWriter objectWriter, SerializationBinder binder)
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectWriter.Serialize(Object graph, Header[] inHeaders, __BinaryWriter serWriter, Boolean fCheck)
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Serialize(Stream serializationStream, Object graph, Header[] headers, Boolean fCheck)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.BinaryServerFormatterSink.SerializeResponse(IServerResponseChannelSinkStack sinkStack, IMessage msg, ITransportHeaders& headers, Stream& stream)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.BinaryServerFormatterSink.ProcessMessage(IServerChannelSinkStack sinkStack, IMessage requestMsg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream, IMessage& responseMsg, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders, Stream& responseStream)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
   at ssLifeTimeEngine.RssExtensionLifeTimeUtils.MssCheckReferenceStatus_LTUtils(HeContext heContext, Byte[] inParamConsumerEspace, RecordList inParamProducerSignatures, RecordList& outParamReferenceStatus)
   at ssLifeTimeEngine.Actions.ActionCheckReferenceStatus(HeContext heContext, RCBooleanModuleVersionModuleRecord inParamConsumer, RLModuleVersionReferenceModuleTypeModuleVersionProducerSignatureModuleVersionModuleRecordList inParamReferences, ENEnvironmentEntityRecord inParamSourceEnvironment, ENEnvironmentEntityRecord inParamTargetEnvironment, RLIncompatibleModuleList& outParamIncompatibleModules)
   at ssLifeTimeEngine.Actions.ActionCheckReferenceStatusWithCache(HeContext heContext, RCBooleanModuleVersionModuleRecord inParamConsumer, RLModuleVersionReferenceModuleTypeModuleVersionProducerSignatureModuleVersionModuleRecordList inParamReferences, ENEnvironmentEntityRecord inParamSourceEnvironment, ENEnvironmentEntityRecord inParamTargetEnvironment, Object inParamHashTable_ProducerModules, RLEindhoven_InconsistentModuleReferenceRecordList& outParamInconsistencies)
   at ssLifeTimeEngine.Actions.ActionGetModuleInconsistenciesO11_Cache(HeContext heContext, Int32 inParamStagingId, Int32 inParamTimeoutInSeconds, RLEindhoven_InconsistentModuleReferenceRecordList& outParamInconsistencies, Boolean& outParamTimeoutReached)
   at ssLifeTimeEngine.Actions.ActionGetModuleInconsistencies(HeContext heContext, RLEindhoven_StagingModuleVersionInfoRecordList inParamVersions, Int32 inParamStagingId, Int32 inParamTimeoutInSeconds, RLEindhoven_InconsistentModuleReferenceRecordList& outParamInconsistencies, Boolean& outParamTimeoutReached, Int32& outParamStagingValAlgorithm)
   at ssLTDeployments.RsseSpaceLifeTimeEngine.MssGetModuleInconsistencies(HeContext heContext, RecordList inParamVersions, Int32 inParamStagingId, Int32 inParamTimeoutInSeconds, RecordList& outParamInconsistencies, Boolean& outParamTimeoutReached, Int32& outParamStagingValAlgorithm)
   at ssLTDeployments.Actions.ActionDeployment_ValidateInternal(HeContext heContext, Int32 inParamStagingId, Boolean inParamIsSynchronous, Boolean inParamAvoidAsyncFallback, Boolean& outParamFinished, Int32& outParamNumberOfAddedInconsistencies, Int32& outParamStagingValAlgorithm, Boolean& outParamSuccess, String& outParamMessage)

Please advise

Regards,

Marios

Hi Marios,

The error message is:

Type 'OutSystems.Oml.UnsupportedNewerVersion'  in Assembly 'OutSystems.Common, Version=11.0.212.0,  

Googling this message you find various OutSystems forum posts, that lead me to think you installed something that is not yet supported by your OutSystems platform version.

You could go to Service Center Modules and filter for modules "with errors". Maybe a module is in error.

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Marios,

I'm not sure about this one. 

I have looked for the same type of error throughout the Forum and I only came across it once. Only in this case it occured due to the use of an old version of the component that was meant for an earlier major version of the platform.

In your case, LifeTime is throwing this error, so I would suggest to open a support case with OutSystems and have them look into it as it might be a bug.

Regards,

Nordin

EDIT: Now that I looked for this error a bit better, there are indeed a few other forum posts with the same error.

Hello Daniel,

I have some modules with errors, but not the one that I'm trying to deploy.

I also do not have any components that are not yet supported by our Outsystems platform.

Regards,

Mairos

Hi All,

We are also facing the same issue while deploying to test. 

@Marios Tofarides Any luck in solving it. If yes, please provide the steps.

Thanks & Regards,

Arshi

I think I will open a support ticket and let you all know the outcome

By the way, I'm trying to Send the Error As Feedback from LifeTime Service Center and I get an error submitting my feedback. All the time.

Has anyone dealt with (and solved) this?

Regards,

Marios

Solution

Hello everyone,

The response from the Support was the following:

"Please be advised that based on the error that you are experiencing, we would like to inform you that this happens because you are trying to manage a Platform Version (in this case 11.0.606), with an unsupported version of Lifetime (11.0.212.0), as you can confirm in our downloads page, https://www.outsystems.com/Downloads/ScreenDetails.aspx?MajorVersion=11&ReleaseId=19341&ComponentName=Platform+Server: "

Therefore we will need to upgrade Lifetime

Regards,

Marios 

Solution