Service Center - How Configure after install

Service Center - How Configure after install

Please,  I'm new in OutSystems AgileNetwork and stay at  trainee phase too. After the installation of the service center, would like to know what steps to configure it correctly. Is there any tutorial that can teach me too?

Regards,
LDomingues
Hi Luiz 

I assume you have installed outsystems community edition using outsystem setup wizard, downloaded from http://www.outsystems.com

The first thing you might like to do is install "EnterpriseManager", once you have installed EnterpriseManager, you might also like to install "Outsystems Style Guide" and any other components that you feel necessary.

Next configure outsystems service center
Point your browser to http://<domain>/ServiceCenter (if you have installed Service Center on your local machine enter http://localhost/ServiceCenter)
  • change your administration's password (from the top right menu, click "MySettings" --> "Change Password")
  • configure your server settings (from the main menu click "Administration" ---> "Server Configuration")
  • configure your email settings (from the main menu click "Administration" ---> "Email Configuration")
You should now be good to go!

Thanks Robert. I'll improve yours instructions as sun as possible, and hope I'd no more problems about it.
Regards,
LDomingues.
Ok. It's not work. Probably I didn't clear about my problem. I tried to laucnh Service Center, and an error show "Error on logging in to 'localhost': Unable to connect to the remote service". And I would like to know how and wich steps to install correctly the 'Service Center'. Wich elements need to configure Service Center. I had two operating systems: at home: Windows home Vista - and at work: Windows XP Professional 2002 Service Pack 3.
Thanks
LDomingues
Anybody, could me a hand about this issue.
Thanks,
LDomingues

Hello Luis,

What have you installed and on which machine? (you talking about work and home, did you installed it on both or just one?).

What are you planning to do with the platform? (if its private or you want to explore it I could recommend the community edition because that one is installing itself on you're (local) machine.

Kind Regards,
Evert
Hello Kind. Thanks.
Yes. I've installed ServiceCenter from Platform Server in both systems: HomeVista at home, and XPProfessional2002ServicePack3 at work. But at work I'll try to install WindowsServer2003 on my machine.
At about my plan. First I'll trying to understand how the Outsystems Tools work, as much as progress of the Developer course training(OutPartner as the Company I work). But, all the parts that integrate with Service Center(i.e. click and publish), I can't see yet how this work.
Regards,
LDomingues.

Hello Luiz,

I think you should take a look below downloads (TechCenter->Downloads)  and there select the platform you're using. Here you can fine a .Net install check list.

Where did you installed the Service center? On you're local machine or on a different server (you're talking about installing WindowsServer2003.

If you just want to use it to train in outsystems on you're local machine I still would recommend installing the community edition (which installs ServiceCenter, Survice Studio and Integration Studio).

Kind Regards,
Evert