Not able to export binary data type in Record to Excel

I have exported Entity to excel using RecordList to Excel. Excel downloaded successfully but there is one Binary Data field CourseImage that do not get exported into excel file.  It is also not shown in the checkbox selection attributes

Could you please tell why this is not appearing?

Hi Shikha,

The RecordListToExcel operation cannot include attributes of Structures nor Entities that are of type Binary Data. 

If you want to insert an Image into an Excel file you can look into the Forge components Advanced Excel or Excel Package.

Second option is saving the images as base64 (type Text) into your Excel column. You would need to change the data type of the CourseImage attribute to 'Text' and then convert the Binary Data to Base64 using the BinaryDataToText function from the BinaryData API Extension before passing the List to the RecordListToExcel action.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Nordin

Nordin Ahdi wrote:

Hi Shikha,

The RecordListToExcel operation cannot include attributes of Structures nor Entities that are of type Binary Data. 

If you want to insert an Image into an Excel file you can look into the Forge components Advanced Excel or Excel Package.

Second option is saving the images as base64 (type Text) into your Excel column. You would need to change the data type of the CourseImage attribute to 'Text' and then convert the Binary Data to Base64 using the BinaryDataToText function from the BinaryData API Extension before passing the List to the RecordListToExcel action.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Nordin

Could you please provide some example to implement export using excel package or AdvanxeExcel forge component.?

Hi Shikha,

The AdvancedExcel component includes a demo application with code samples you can look into.

I tried second option but the resultant excel file has now text type image. But I need binary data

"Second option is saving the images as base64 (type Text) into your Excel column. You would need to change the data type of the CourseImage attribute to 'Text' and then convert the Binary Data to Base64 using the BinaryDataToText function from the BinaryData API Extension before passing the List to the RecordListToExcel action. "

Hi Shikha,

Like I said before, if you want to insert an actual image into an Excel file - and thus not saving it as base64 - you can look into the Advanced Excel component.

The demo application shows how to add an image to an Excel worksheet.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Nordin

I have used Advanced excel to export the data from aggregate record list.

But again Image binary data not get shown in excel.

Hi Shikha,

You need to use the Image_Insert action in order to insert an image into a worksheet. I don't see it in your action flow.

Take a look at the screenshot I shared with you in my previous post or check out the logic inside the AdvancedExcelDemo module and more specifically inside the AddImagetoWorksheet screen action.

Regards,

Nordin