How I can keep separate instance of QA Application on DEV if DEV have same already?

Hi Guys,
Greetings for the Day!

I have one web application on DEV environment and same I have deployed on QA env.

I would like to keep two separate instance of same application on  DEV env, one is already on DEV another one is downloaded from QA.

So question is how I can keep two same application on one environment (with Diff application name and  same internal modules name)?

Your help is appreciable.

Thanks

Hi,

Rename module and publish it. It will go to an independent modules folder in that way you can have multiple copies of the same module.

You can also use the clone option for the same environment,

Thanks

Adding more info.

Once you are able to see that module under the Independent module you can easily move to a new application.

Thanks

JitendraYadav wrote:

Hi,

Rename module and publish it. It will go to an independent modules folder in that way you can have multiple copies of the same module.

You can also use the clone option for the same environment,

Thanks

I were tried this, but unfortunately it replacing my DEV application to QA application. So only one application is showing on  DEV that is installed at last.

Hi Meer,

Renaming the filename of the downloaded module from QA and publishing it in DEV will not create another instance of that module. The original module in DEV will be overwritten by the version downloaded from QA while keeping its original module name.

When using the Clone feature you can actually create an exact copy of the original module, only now after you publish the cloned module, there will be two instances of the module in the environment: 

• The original module which will still be available under the original application folder
  • The cloned module with a different module name CloneOf<OriginalModuleName> will be available under the Independent Modules application folder.

With that in mind and to answer your question from your first post, it is not possible to have two modules with the same module name in the same environment. A module name is unique and therefore the platform does not allow publishing a different module with the same module name (whatever the associated application name is). You will get a Name Conflict error if you try it.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Nordin