How to capture video completion progress and display in Progress circle

Hi Folks,

I'm developing a Reactive web app. I'm going to use a Video widget to play a video and beside that I want to display progress of video completion in %, so using Progress Circle widget. But I don't know how to capture video progress detail and use it on ProgressCircle. Can somebody please help me on this.

Thanks,

Sanjay

Hi Sanjay,

As far as I can see in the documentation, there is no way to get the progress of the player.

Thanks for the response Kilian. I also didn't find anything related to this.

But I believe there will be a way to achieve it. I'm trying same with JavaScript now.

I may also try it on another way, which is displaying progress based on content attended. Just like Outsystems tutorial for courses. 

Eg. if there are 5 contents(video or quiz or PPT) in a course, If somebody has attended 2, so based on content size I could display %ge of completion.

Any suggestion for this?

Hello Sanjay,

Good question. Let me know if you find solution.

Thanks.

Solution

Hi Sanjay,

I tried to implement the mentioned use-case using JavaScript and it took me a good amount of time to make it work (really enjoyed it!). Finally I got succeeded in doing so; but considering mine experience working with the JavaScript, I do have a concern that whether the implementation is the good solution/approach or not.

See the demo app screen 

Please find the attached .oml solution file.

Hope this helps you!

Regards,

Benjith Sam

Solution

Hello Benjith,

Thanks for your hard work. It is working flawlessly .

Sanjay Kumar Sahu wrote:

Hello Benjith,

Thanks for your hard work. It is working flawlessly .

You are welcome, Sanjay :)

I'm happy that it helped you :)

Regards,

Benjith Sam