EPA Taskbox buttons

EPA Taskbox buttons

Hi

I'm starting to use the Business Process tecnology feature with the EPA_TaskBox, but in some cases i wanted to change the label of the button "Done" in the taskbox, or at least hide it.

I don't know if this is possible because the EPA_TaskBox e-space can´t be opened in the service studio (it´s a system e-space).

Does anyone had the same problem and managed to find a solution?

Thanks
Hi Bruno,
I was also trying to find a way to change the label of the button "Done!" or "Release" and changing the action that they do and maybe disable one of the buttons.
Is there a way to do any of these 3 things?
Best regards,
Pedro
Hi Pedro,

I haven't work with BPT techonology in quite some time, now, so I'm a little rusty. But I think you can had validations to your activity to prevent it from closing when the 'Done' button is pressed, using the OnClose callback of the Human Activities. The only inconvenience is that you get a button that the only thing it does is returning an error message,if I'm not mistaken,  and that was the main reason I wanted to hide it.

With the 'Release' button you can reassign the user with the action AssignHumanActivityToUser (of the EnterpriseManagerBPM extension) whenever the human activity enters the ready state, using the onReady callback.

Once again, I haven't worked with BPT in quite some time, so I'm not sure if this is the best aproach.

Hope this helps,
Bruno Lourenço
Thank you for the reply,

Mean while I have found this:
"There are also three Site Properties ( in EPA_Taskbox espace) that allow you to disable/hide the Done, Release or Skip buttons for all activities, for those cases where your application fully controls the whole process!
  • HideDoneActivityOption
  • HideReleaseActivityOption
  • HideSkipActivityOption
"
But I have no idea on how to get these properties from the espace, is it from the "Add/Remove references" option?
If that's so then it's much easier.

You can change the value of the site properties on Service Center, clicking on factory, then on the EPA Taskbox e-space, and the choosing  the Site property tab. Inside each site property you can change the effective value of it.

Hope this helps,
Bruno Lourenço

Note that if that's not enough, you can also build your own taskbox and use it instead. See this post for more info:
http://www.outsystems.com/NetworkForums/ViewTopic.aspx?Topic=BPT-Custom-Taskbox
Hello,
I was able to do what Bruno said. Though I dont know how to apply that property to an application, is there a "how to" or somewhere in the help section is this explained?
In any case I somehow lost the ability to use the taskbox, I changed the "HideDoneActivityOption" back to false but still Im unable to see it in the application I was making and in the "How to" recruitement application. The eSpace is valid according to Service Studio (6.0.1.10 version).
Why is this happening?
Pedro wrote:
Hello,
I was able to do what Bruno said. Though I dont know how to apply that property to an application, is there a "how to" or somewhere in the help section is this explained?
In any case I somehow lost the ability to use the taskbox, I changed the "HideDoneActivityOption" back to false but still Im unable to see it in the application I was making and in the "How to" recruitement application. The eSpace is valid according to Service Studio (6.0.1.10 version).
Why is this happening?

Hi Pedro, I regret to tell you that I couldn't find any "How To" available about the EPA Taskbox. This information is currently lectured in Academy Training sessions (http://www.outsystems.com/training-and-certification/classroom/courses/business-process-technology/). Nevertheless, let me try to help you and I hope the information posted here can further help the rest of the Community. 

The HideDoneActivityOption site property forces the Taskbox to do exactly what it says - it will no longer show the Done! button. As you probably know this button allows the user to close the current Opened BPT activity. This property is usually set to true when you want to use the EPA_Taskbox as a mere accelerator feature, meaning it will teleport your users to the activity web screen, but the activity itself will be closed on the application side. By application side I mean the actual application web screens, by pressing a button, which may call a screen action, further calling the (System) action ActivityClose

Without further details on your eSpace solution, I can see perhaps 1 possible reason why after changing the site property HideDoneActivityOption again to false, you didn't get any changes in EPA Taskbox. Perhaps your activities contain an output parameter. In this case, EPA Taskbox will never show you the Done! button, since you can only close an activity through its specific BPT API (Close<ActivityName>