Views
Comments
Detect multiple logins and logoff older sessions
Question

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out if OutSystems has build-in methods to detect (and prevent) multiple logins on different devices (mobile and browser). And if this is possible, is there then also an option to logout all other sessions for that specific application? Currently I think a user can login at multiple places without any issues and be logged in onto tens of browsers all over the world. 

Regards,

Vincent

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Vincent,

There aren't any built-in methods for detecting multiple logins or to logout all sessions, at least not that I know of.

But according to some posts here on the Forum, these functionalities have been custom built before.

Note that these solutions are built with Traditional Web.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Nordin

Hi Nordin, 

I found these articles but because they where older (2 years+) I though it wouldn't mind to ask again. So if I'm correct there is no build in prevention that allows users to login at dozens of computers and keep being logged in there. 

Note that the use-case I'm working on is an company app that our travelling personnel will use. And we want to prevent any stickied logon sessions as this information is company specific. 

Regards,

Vincent

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Vincent,

And it is a very valid question to ask. 

That's correct, OutSystems does not have any built-in mechanism that prevents multiple sessions for the same user accounts.

You would still have to custom build your own solution for that.

Regards,

Nordin