Views
Comments
Solved
Keep Submenu opened after the select of a submenu item in side menu
Question

Hi,

I am using side menu and have been trying to keep the submenu opened after the selection of a specific submenu item but the submenu collapses once the submenu item is clicked. I added the menu and submenu items by dragging the screens into the menu block and the style classes along with other properties are created automatically. I also have gone through various previous posts on this but nothing helped.

Please suggest if there is anyway to keep the submenu opened after the selection of a specific submenu item.

Thanks in advance,

Sai Ravali

Solution

Hi, friend!

I made something exactly as you need last week.

The menu widget has a 'IsActive' parameter to control the current open menu. What you need to do is, from the screen, pass a paramenter to the menu and this paramenter will be set as the 'IsActive' item.

Example: From the homescreen, you will pass the string 'Homescreen' as input parameter to the menu. Made a comparison with the itens of sub menu: If the label of the sub menu ir 'Homescreen' screen, you can put 'input parameter = 'homescreen'' and the boolen will be set to True to that screen.

In the image below, the IsActive is been compared to the item from the list that fills the label of sub item.

I'm glad to help!

Best regards