5.1 Community Edition - Public Beta

5.1 Community Edition - Public Beta

Hello all,

It is with great pleasure that we're releasing the Agile Platform 5.1 Community Edition Public Beta. You can download this version here, install it, and start taking advantage of the great features that will be officially released by the end of this month:
  • Wizards, to help you go from scratch to a working application in minutes
  • Embedded tutorials, to help new users learn the platform in a fun, game based approach
  • SEO Friendly URLs, that allows setting up pretty and keyword rich URLs for your applications
  • Multiple Database Catalogs & Schemas, allowing better data distribution and security configuration at the DB level
  • Server Side Caching, to speed up applications by caching queries, actions, and web services results
  • And a lot of other improvements to make Web Application development even easier and faster! 
I hope you have lots of fun trying out these new features and, as always, please let us have your feedback on this brand new version.

Happy development!
Rodrigo

PS: Remember, this is a Beta version! Do not use it in Production!
woot woot, very nice!

(can I install it without losing 5.0 service studio???? )
Hi Joost,

Service Studio and Integration Studio you can have many versions as you want installed in your machine (in different folders of course). 

Service Center you just can have one version in your machine. 

RNA

thanks.

getting error 100 with installing.
interesting number, no clue what it means :(

edit:  the default website path was pointing to an espace. changed that back to inetpub/wwwroot and it installed ok
Cool; will install and start Bèta testing real soon!
Firstly, Love the new clean and slick GUI, for both welcome screen and outsystems style guide.
-Public Image is great!
-It makes alot of sense to build StyleGuide into ServiceStudio!
-Page title - always wanted this feature!
-Image Export diagram is also a plus!
-Love the new entity index display (makes it much easier to see whats going on with the indexes now)
-Not sure how to use Import from Excel to entity at this time, so i cant comment on thisfeature (need to know the structure/excel sheet format).

So far from what was briefly tested,... I dont see anything that I dont like about 5.1, I like everything! :)

Except for the following errors!
Error encountered when closing and reopening ServiceStudio
error

Wizard and diagram objects not properly displayed
Problem with display
Hello all,

Here's the most recent version of the OutSystems Agile Platform 5.1 Community Edition. This is a Release Candidate version, and you can download it from here.

Thank you all for the feedback you've been sending about the Public Beta. As always, your feedback is very important for the success of the version, so keep it coming!

Happy development!
Rodrigo

PS: Robert, the bug you submitted is a tough nut to crack! This version doesn't fix it yet, but we're working on it!
Hi All,

I'm trying to install 5.0.2.22 on a PC that was installed with 5.1 Community Edition and I'm getting the error bellow stating that I already have a more recent version.

I already uninstall v5.1 through  the "add/remove" - didn't work.
Cleaned the OutSystems directory - didn't work.
Rolled back to a System Restore Point - didn't work.

Could you help me?

Thank you in advance,

regards,

Nuno

That seems to be a problem in our uninstaller. Please execute the file attached

Best Regards,
Gustavo Guerra

Hi Gustavo,

Thank you for your help.

This solved the situation and I was able to complete the installation of the Service Center.

Just for the record, the installation of the SQL and Platform server failed, but I'm able to work with a remote server.

I would like to install both the 5.0.2.22 and the 5.1 on the same PC to be able to test the new features.

Do you think that this is possible?

Best regards,

Nuno
@Nuno

If i'm not mistaken within a few hours 5.1 will be released to the public and you will be able to install 5.1 on your machine.
So you can uninstall 5.0.2.22 when 5.1 comes out :)