Automatic Data Export/Download of data every hour & further copy to an FTp server

Automatic Data Export  or Download will be ever hour  further copy to Ftp server-. 

How I use logic for every hour download using timer in outsystems.can any body give idea or export logic

Hi Rahul,

You can not download data using Timer/Server action.

Download widget available only on screen action.

you can save data in entity or server path by every one hour using timer.

Regards
RahulSahu

can you ellobrate  more with  any example  ,this  sample  suppose  I want  download  of this  every  hour ,my  person list, Can through timer  it download only on server.   Sample template

Like this

Hi Rahul Deole,

I created one sample for this of functionality find it.

Here what i am doing,

1. I created a timer which put data on server of Hourly basis.(Change server location accordingly)

2. create a sceen for fatch file from server of very hours.

3. here i provided download link to download file

I know in this sitution data is more than server memory full. you can one thing 

Use ftp component like below-

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/32/sftp 

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/59/extension-ftpwebrequest 

and put file on this location and get data from here.

Hope this will help you.

Regards

Rahul sahu

Ok  I will check that, Can you tell  how to set path  .  what  is host name  if i extract  file  -Extension.FtpWebRequest-1.0.0_O11

Rahul Deole wrote:

Hi Rahul,

Have you checked iin service center what issue you are getting.

Please post.

Regards

Rahul Sahu

whats path  required to set  here  & name of local host  .  Can I  run the example in personal edition  because   I don't want to create on  company  edition befor testing.  FTP  address is also not given by company yet

Rahul Deole wrote:

whats path  required to set  here  & name of local host  

Hi Rahul,

You need to provide directory name which you want save file and Path_GetApplication return path where application is running.

As in code you can see i check directory is exist or not if exist than no need to create else create and save file.

Rgards

Rahul Sahu 

Also  not able to update  missing dependencies +is this path is correct    if running on personal edition

Rahul Deole wrote:

Also  not able to update  missing dependencies +is this path is correct    if running on personal edition

Hi Rahul,

If you are using personal env then no need to change anything just use same code and publist and try it.

Regards

Rahul sahu

Hi  Rahul,

Unable to  add Filesystems  through  reference  in download appplication

Rahul Deole wrote:

Hi  Rahul,

Unable to  add Filesystems  through  reference  in download appplication

Hi Rahul, 

Download  from here in your env- and use it

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/68/filesystem

Regards

Rahul Sahu

Thanks   Rahul  its  done,  I am also from bhopal

Hi  Rahul,

If   Manager  insist  to  use  databases  instead  of Filesystems  what  changes  we can do  in logic

Hi Rahul,

If you want use DataBase for keep the data than you need to create a entity which hold binary data of every hours and you can download data from here.

Need to change logic in timer

Regards
Rahul Sahu

Can you ellobrate  more  how  entity is used  in replacement of file systems

Helllo  Rahul,    Can you  help  me more  because  requirement  is  using   Database  &   Structure not  file systems  ,your logic is absolutely running fine   .  I  am  trying to  use entity  but might be using in wrong way  I think.  Normally  structure  I use for  sequence  of download

Solution

Hi Rahul,

As i mention above if you not need file put on server than you keep data in table .and download from here

Find Attached oml that will help you.

Regards
Rahul Sahu

Solution

Thanks,   Its  work  nicely  ,although  my team is proceed  with  some  other complex logic  as per Tech Manger. Can you share  also  simple  example  of  csv  logic  download ,  5 downloads are  required  in CSV format  I used  CSVUtils demo some error  is there