Refresh Webblock using popup

Hi Experts,

I'am having a hard time refreshing the image in my web block.

This is where i click to open the pop up

And this is the OnNotify

Solution

Hi, 

Check if the image is being cached. 

If it is, refreshing the image will work only if the image has the filename set to an expression that changes when you refresh the image, otherwise the browser will find the file in its cache and will not download the new image. 

Cheers 

Solution

Hi Ja,

I also encountered the same, while creating the sample app. As already mentioned by Eduardo, the updated image is not reflecting even after Ajax and DataSource refresh because of the Image Caching (check the same page in Incognito Browser Window)

See this sample app.. 

Attached sample app implementation 

Hope this helps you!

Regards,

Benjith Sam

Benjith Sam wrote:

Hi Ja,

I also encountered the same, while creating the sample app. As already mentioned by Eduardo, the updated image is not reflecting even after Ajax and DataSource refresh because of the Image Caching (check the same page in Incognito Browser Window)

See this sample app.. 

Attached sample app implementation 

Hope this helps you!

Regards,

Benjith Sam

Hi Benjith,

I already did that prior my posting. But thanks for the input.

Thanks and Best Regards

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hi, 

Check if the image is being cached. 

If it is, refreshing the image will work only if the image has the filename set to an expression that changes when you refresh the image, otherwise the browser will find the file in its cache and will not download the new image. 

Cheers 

Hi Eduardo,

Thanks for your input, this is the reason why the image does not refresh because i used the Name instead of the Filename for the filename attribute of the image widget.

Thanks and Best Regards.

Ja wrote:

Hi Benjith,

I already did that prior my posting. But thanks for the input.

Thanks and Best Regards

You are welcome, Ja :)

Glad you got it solved.. Thank you Eduardo :)

Regards,

Benjith Sam